Bloated

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not over eaten .. but got a real bloated feeling .. any suggestions for a natural relief .. everything is working as normal .. no new foods eaten .. just bloated :(

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
maybe its the metformin I was like that and the dr put me on the slow release form x

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
maybe its the metformin I was like that and the dr put me on the slow release form x
Thanks .. not took metformin for over a year ... so hope its not that :)

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
Oh well it can't be if you haven't been taking it.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
yes peppermint should help if it is just usual reasons for bloating. For me I'm bloated 24/7 and no fix for me because my GI tract doesn't move properly... traps air as a result. My guess is you don't have what I do. I hope you get some relief. Here you can buy de-gas tabs and mintec tabs that both help most people. Of course there's the charcoal tabs as well but you have to be careful with those as they can interfere with other meds.

redtree92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not over eaten .. but got a real bloated feeling .. any suggestions for a natural relief .. everything is working as normal .. no new foods eaten .. just bloated :(

uuugggh I feel ya !!1

I feel like i spend 99% of my life bloated ! Not sure if its connected with diabetes, but yucky feelings!

I alway buy some mints (sugar free to try and ease the bloat) Or if you are in the UK, you can get some tablets called windease, charming name I know, there just off the shelf in the super market and they work a treat!

:)

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The advice on here is to add sodium to your diet because you pass it through more often than someone without diabetes. I read it causes water retention and bloating so cutting down on the sodium might help?

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't know what sorted it .. but I feel fine now !!!