Blood guard

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Tinasammie , and welcome to the forums.

Can you explain a bit more about ‘alternative Blood Guard for Type 2 diabetes’, please? I have no heard of this before.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Is this what you are asking about https://www.robinsons.com.sg/products/healthy-first-blood-guard-complex-60-capsules?variant=

It claims that the main ingredient is green coffee extract, I have never heard of that being beneficial for blood sugar control.
I am sure that some herbal remedies or supplements can be beneficial, but I would think that all of the really effective ones have been tested, proven to work before being licensed as medicines.
I have a sneaky suspicion that at 69 dollars for 60 capsules the only thing they will lower is your bank balance .

If you are looking for an alternative to drugs the best advice I can think of is not to eat the things that cause high blood sugar.
Have a look at the nutritional thingy, the link is below

bobweir45

Does anyone know if Blood Guard really works as promoted By Dr Michael Mosley, or is this yet another unproven get rich quick med?

Bw

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know if Blood Guard really works as promoted By Dr Michael Mosley, or is this yet another unproven get rich quick med?

Bw
Mosley? That doesn't sound like his cup of tea... Where did he recommend this? Because it reads like snake-oil to me.

• Agree
Reactions: jjraak and KennyA

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Bob.

I think there have been several people asking about this - I recall replying to a similar question not long ago. I wouldn't buy or use this. The thing is that it doesn't actually seem to claim anything about blood glucose control at all. And it's expensive. I would imagine that similar packages are available for much less from places like Holland and Barrett, but I doubt it's a miracle cure.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Bw
I think I read about Mosley being fraudulently linked to many, many products ..mmmhh.

Buyer beware , never more true than now, me thinks.

For me it's a big fat no.

Welcome to forum.

If your newly DX'd.
The nutritional thingy on the forum is well worth your time reading .

And Simplest treatments ?

Avoid the foods that spikes us.

How..?

Read up, buy a meter, test pre post meals.

To kick start the new approach.

Cook for yourself .

Meat that looks like meat
Veg that looks like veg
Spices as per your tastes.

Last edited:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening @Tinasammie and welcome to the forum.

Please be aware, you probably are, that as a herbal remedy, these tablets have not undergone the same scientific scrutiny as anti-diabetic medication.

More research is needed, IMO. Short-term studies, if any, on small numbers of volunteers tell us nothing about the long-term effects.

Once again, welcome.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls

Bw
Do you have any hard evidence that this product is actually promoted by Dr Michael Moseley (who is a reputable medical journalist currently giving talks on dangers of UPFs and advantages of Low Carb)?
It's inconceivable to me that he would promote this when he already has his income stream from TV and books actually proven to help with Obesity, T2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure etc.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I read around a bit on the internet. Moseley doesn't endorse this product. He does however point out that fraudsters are using AI-generated fakes to make it appear so.

The fact that someone is fraudulently using fakes to advertise this product makes me much more convinced that this is just snake oil. And expensive snake oil at that.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Guy's typical face book story I guess, so is his other books o.k. i.e. 8 week blood sugar diet etc.?
Oh yeah, sure. That's the thing, the 8 week blood sugar diet makes actual medical sense, the pills don't. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Once I saw in the tiny tiny T&C at the bottom of the "free trial , pay £9.95 for fast delivery" said that they would bill you for £49.99 every 30 days + shipping and that you can cancell within 12 days I realised it was the usual scam. Plus the fact it only appears to contain green coffee!! It also lies in the advert about the dangers of metformin as when I did research on this I found research articles that showed how it is protective of some cancers. Don't waste your money!!

Reactions: jjraak

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I hate to say it but the only thing I would be guarding at that price, is my purse strings. Seems expensive to try if it doesn't work

• Agree

maidendaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I read about Mosley being fraudulently linked to many, many products ..mmmhh.

Buyer beware , never more true than now, me thinks.

For me it's a big fat no.

Welcome to forum.

If your newly DX'd.
The nutritional thingy on the forum is well worth your time reading .

And Simplest treatments ?

Avoid the foods that spikes us.

How..?

Read up, buy a meter, test pre post meals.

To kick start the new approach.

Cook for yourself .

Meat that looks like meat
Veg that looks like veg
Spices as per your tastes.
I was just about to order these tablets, til I read your post, my god I was nearly suckered in, I've been diagnosed diabetic for nearly 20 years and I'd give anything to not be. But I thought it seemed to good to be true

Reactions: Redshank and jjraak

sajakatali123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I've just ordered blood guard after watching it advertised on Facebook or YouTube I was wondering do I take it with my matformin or stop taking matformin and have it on its own

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I've just ordered blood guard after watching it advertised on Facebook or YouTube I was wondering do I take it with my matformin or stop taking matformin and have it on its own
Welcome to the forum @sajakatali123

You might find it helpful to read the previous posts on this thread about blood guard, if you haven't already.

We can't advise you to take or to stop metformin, but many people on this forum have put their type 2 diabetes into remission by eating a low carb diet.

Reactions: EllieM and jjraak

Lupf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just like @JoKalsbeek, my initial reaction was - this doesn't sound like Michael Mosely would support this,
and he doesn't.

Note there will be more attempts to part you with your money using AI to claim that doctors support a product.
This is fraudulent and criminal, so treat it like the Nigerian email phishing scams.