Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

scottie1

Hey , im out and back home after having day surgery, i'm told they removed some lumps.....will find out more when i go back on march the 9 th........at the moment the pain killers are blocking most of the pain....but i know it'll be sore when it wears of a bit, still got plenty paracetamols though....thanks for your support it has really helped::))

So glad to hear from you Clive, and happy you are back home and taking it easy. Please ensure you have lots of rest and TLC. Also, don't be trying to do anything when what you should be doing is sitting on your bottom! I hope they have given you painkillers to take home and make sure you eat well xx

Reactions: 4 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Scottie, i also have the frequent night time problem too, hes 14 in may and they aren't little accidents any more. It's hard when you think what the future holds and how much they depend on us for so much. My son can't even dress himself without everything being set out in order, won't wash, eat, clean teeth, basically do anything without prompting. Yet he is amazing at karate. It's tough on my own, I get worn out til I feel I can't go on, have a teary day or two then dust myself off and start again. Im the only stable influence my kids have and though the youngest has special needs i wouldn't swap him for the world. Thanks for your support Scottie, that was just what I needed right now, it really means a lot to have someone I feel I identify with :) x

Reactions: 5 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
So glad to hear from you Clive, and happy you are back home and taking it easy. Please ensure you have lots of rest and TLC. Also, don't be trying to do anything when what you should be doing is sitting on your bottom! I hope they have given you painkillers to take home and make sure you eat well xx
Thankyou scottie,im very sore and the painkillers are just about coping, anyway thankyou for your support ::)) , i'm confident that as you get things under control you will regain your confidence , you are coping with a lot that most of us would find impossible to deal with,so give yourself a pat on the back ::))

Reactions: 6 people

scottie1

Thanks Scottie, i also have the frequent night time problem too, hes 14 in may and they aren't little accidents any more. It's hard when you think what the future holds and how much they depend on us for so much. My son can't even dress himself without everything being set out in order, won't wash, eat, clean teeth, basically do anything without prompting. Yet he is amazing at karate. It's tough on my own, I get worn out til I feel I can't go on, have a teary day or two then dust myself off and start again. Im the only stable influence my kids have and though the youngest has special needs i wouldn't swap him for the world. Thanks for your support Scottie, that was just what I needed right now, it really means a lot to have someone I feel I identify with :) x

I would imagine it is very hard on your own, I couldn't even begin to contemplate it,. But it's fantastic that your children have such a wonderful role model and supporter in you. I am sure though it's tough raising three children alone, I have two and it's hard, even with being married so it must be really difficult for you but you will be the one they will turn to when you are needed and children have a way of remembering things so don't worry. I will never stop loving being wanted by my children, it's greatest thing in the world and it sounds like someone has been and is going to continue missing out on so much!

My son cannot walk in a straight line, and is always falling over. He too needs prompting to take care of himself and would at one point, go off with a stranger if they told him to, he has no fear of danger and would happily walk on a train line. But these things are sent to try us and we will get through the hard times together. xx

scottie1

Thankyou scottie,im very sore and the painkillers are just about coping, anyway thankyou for your support ::)) , i'm confident that as you get things under control you will regain your confidence , you are coping with a lot that most of us would find impossible to deal with,so give yourself a pat on the back ::))

Lovely to hear from you Clive, been thinking about you all day. I bet you are sore! Hope the soreness wears off soon xx

Reactions: 3 people

scottie1

My eyes are getting so bad, I have had increase the screen size on my laptop and it's still blurred. Please forgive me I have spelt anything incorrectly or missed words out. The appointment on Friday cannot come soon enough, though I won't get my persceiption the same day.

Reactions: 2 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
My eyes are getting so bad, I have had increase the screen size on my laptop and it's still blurred. Please forgive me I have spelt anything incorrectly or missed words out. The appointment on Friday cannot come soon enough, though I won't get my persceiption the same day.

Hi Scottie,
No you won't get you prescription the same day, but, if they think you have a problem with your eyes they will contact the hospital.
About two years ago I noticed that my colour vision in my right eye was not the same as my left. Got an appointment with opticians within a couple of days.
The optician did various tests, then phoned the local hospital. 6.45pm that same day I had a phone call from the doctor at the hospital, that was on the friday, Monday morning I saw the doctor at the hospital.
Various test done, results, they don't know why I am colour blind in my right eye.
It's not a mager problem, but my hobby is photography, and I get frustrated at times, as the colours look different from one eye to the other.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Scottie, I hope the optitian can sort out the eye problem for you, but some info that might help just in case or it takes a hospital referral. Assuming you are using Windows 7 on your laptop there is an 'Ease of Access Centre' which can help make it easier to see, increasing text and icon size or activating a magnifier which you can have floating or docked at the top or bottom of your screen. May take a bit of playing about to get it how you like it but it does mean you can keep to a higher resolution, in the past I had to keep to the lowest res possible to have a chance of seeing what was on the screen.

Assuming yours comes up the same as mine, if you right click the mouse while on your desk top it should bring up a menu with 'properties' listed on it, click that and that should lead to the Ease of Access option at the bottom on the left hand side of the properties box.

Sorry if you already know all this, but you would be surprised at how many don't.

Clive: Glad to hear things went well yesterday and hope you aren't in too much pain today.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi Scottie, I hope the optitian can sort out the eye problem for you, but some info that might help just in case or it takes a hospital referral. Assuming you are using Windows 7 on your laptop there is an 'Ease of Access Centre' which can help make it easier to see, increasing text and icon size or activating a magnifier which you can have floating or docked at the top or bottom of your screen. May take a bit of playing about to get it how you like it but it does mean you can keep to a higher resolution, in the past I had to keep to the lowest res possible to have a chance of seeing what was on the screen.

Assuming yours comes up the same as mine, if you right click the mouse while on your desk top it should bring up a menu with 'properties' listed on it, click that and that should lead to the Ease of Access option at the bottom on the left hand side of the properties box.

Sorry if you already know all this, but you would be surprised at how many don't.

Clive: Glad to hear things went well yesterday and hope you aren't in too much pain today.
Thanks ruth b, not too bad :))

scottie1

Thanks Milly, I hope there is nothing wrong though, don't know how I am going to manage without any glases. So sorry to hear about your sight, it must be especially difficult with your hobby. Is there any chance it will rectify itself?

Ruth, thank you. Will get my son ro do that for me tonight.

Clive, hope the soreness is not too bad and that the pain is managable. Please take care.

Muggle, O hope you are feeling better today xx

Won't be posting much tonight due to my sight, everything is blurred and I am relying on my toucg-typing. And spell check.

BG upon waking was 19.4 and was down to 14.1 post eating, forgot to test before my dinner but will check what it is at approz. 6.00pm

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Scottie - be very careful if you intend to buy new glasses, after your consultation tomorrow. If your vision has altered because of the high sugars, the chances are it will change again(hopefully for the better) as your levels come into line.

So many people have posted that in similar circumstances they have spent quite a bit on new glasses, only to find them useless in a short while.

Make sure you have a long discussion with your Optometrist about it all, and if necessary, choose a frame and the most basic lenses you can to tide you over until the longer term is a bit clearer.

Janiept

Expert
Scottie - be very careful if you intend to buy new glasses, after your consultation tomorrow. If your vision has altered because of the high sugars, the chances are it will change again(hopefully for the better) as your levels come into line.

So many people have posted that in similar circumstances they have spent quite a bit on new glasses, only to find them useless in a short while.

Make sure you have a long discussion with your Optometrist about it all, and if necessary, choose a frame and the most basic lenses you can to tide you over until the longer term is a bit clearer.
Yes Scottie, that's exactly what happened to me when I had my eyes tested after Christmas (3 days after loads of carbs Duh!), bought new specs and they were no good when I went to collect them 2 weeks later and my bg was back to normal. Fortunately the opticians were very good and changed the lenses for me without charging, but I felt terrible.
As long as the optician knows about your health they will give you best advice and in my experience they are great at finding all sorts of health problems just by looking at your eyes :)

Reactions: 3 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only

My opticians will change the lenses, I don't have to buy new frames.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thanks Milly, I hope there is nothing wrong though, don't know how I am going to manage without any glases. So sorry to hear about your sight, it must be especially difficult with your hobby. Is there any chance it will rectify itself?

Ruth, thank you. Will get my son ro do that for me tonight.

Clive, hope the soreness is not too bad and that the pain is managable. Please take care.

Muggle, O hope you are feeling better today xx

Won't be posting much tonight due to my sight, everything is blurred and I am relying on my toucg-typing. And spell check.

BG upon waking was 19.4 and was down to 14.1 post eating, forgot to test before my dinner but will check what it is at approz. 6.00pm
Hi scottie, I'm ok bit sore but you just concentrate on getting better yourself well,......please::))

scottie1

Oh, I'm fine Clive, just my eyes are bad. More concerned about you.

Thanks Andbreath and Janie, will see if they will just change my lenses. Does anybody know ig Specsavers do this? Never thought of this beofore so than you both for pointing it out.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Oh, I'm fine Clive, just my eyes are bad. More concerned about you.

Thanks Andbreath and Janie, will see if they will just change my lenses. Does anybody know ig Specsavers do this? Never thought of this beofore so than you both for pointing it out.
Got me feet up , having a good watch of the goggle box , no worries ,i must go sick more often,1st spell off work in 27 yrs lol
Its a hard life ...do you think we will get out of it alive............slaphead.

scottie1

BG 12/1, two hours after eating,, lowest it's been in over two weeks.

Tomorrow will mark my 14th full day or low carbing. And I don't even want to give up. It's so tempting to cheat, with hubby at work at night, could easily send son to off-licence for some chocolate and he would never know but I don't think my son would go anyway and I really wouldnt want him to.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
BG 12/1, two hours after eating,, lowest it's been in over two weeks.

Tomorrow will mark my 14th full day or low carbing. And I don't even want to give up. It's so tempting to cheat, with hubby at work at night, could easily send son to off-licence for some chocolate and he would never know but I don't think my son would go anyway and I really wouldnt want him to.
Thats a good result scottie ::))

scottie1

Got me feet up , having a good watch of the goggle box , no worries ,i must go sick more often,1st spell off work in 27 yrs lol
Its a hard life ...do you think we will get out of it alive............slaphead.

Glad to hear it Clive.

Your boss is very lucky to have you, please don't return to work too early/