Blood sugar levels

Aaron187

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What is an average or normal blood sugar level ? I'm getting between 6.7 and 8.0 before breakfast reads. My diabetes nurse says they are OK but I'm not so sure I take 500mgs of metformin in the morning and 24 units of lantus insulin the evening I'm still yet to find out what type I have also last week my highest reading was 14.7

Sibaprasad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What is an average or normal blood sugar level ? I'm getting between 6.7 and 8.0 before breakfast reads. My diabetes nurse says they are OK but I'm not so sure I take 500mgs of metformin in the morning and 24 units of lantus insulin the evening I'm still yet to find out what type I have also last week my highest reading was 14.7

The ideal BS Level is < 126 (fasting) and < 140 (PP)
Take Metform 1gm with lunch and with dinner. Take Januvia (Sitagliptin) 100 mg with breakfast. Also take Voglibose 0.3 with lunch and dinner. S.P.Dutta

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The ideal BS Level is < 126 (fasting) and < 140 (PP)
Take Metform 1gm with lunch and with dinner. Take Januvia (Sitagliptin) 100 mg with breakfast. Also take Voglibose 0.3 with lunch and dinner. S.P.Dutta

Please do not give medication advice. All members should consult their own medical team for advice about medication.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Do you test your blood sugar in the night to see what it's doing then?

Aaron187

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Do you test your blood sugar in the night to see what it's doing then?
I've checked it once. I need to be careful with night checks if I have broken sleep I end up having epileptic fits the following day

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've checked it once. I need to be careful with night checks if I have broken sleep I end up having epileptic fits the following day

Ok :) As you stil haven't been told what type of diabetes you have, then I'd personally say you're doing well :)

With another health condition to consider, then it's best to be cautious and proceed slowly and carefully.

You could maybe keep a few notes to see if you can see any reason for the 8 compared to the lower 6.7 eg did you have a big meal the night before, etc, etc But don't worry if you can't. Sometimes blood sugar can vary for no apparent reason.

Reactions: urbanracer