Blood sugar levels

Zoeout

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I am so not in control of my bs levels over the last three days I have not gone below 14 and now I am at 20.2, I am worried and not sure if I should call a doctor or not?

Cloudlesssky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Zoe,

If you look at my blood glucose numbers below you will see that I understand how you feel.
You am presuming you are a type 2.
As you are a new member I am also guessing you have not been diagnosed that long and this may all be quite new to you.
I woke up on Christmas morning with 12.5 and have remained around there over the last 2 days. I know that my levels are due to what I have eaten and a lack of exercise.

I can't tell you what to do about contacting your doctor, because I don't know what your levels were when you were diagnosed and what they usually are.
I also don't know how you are feeing. And that I think is a big factor in making a decision.

Do you think that your high levels are due to what you have been eating/drinking over the last couple of days - or are they completely out of the blue?

For me, I have found that doing some exercise - I usually go on a very brisk half hour walk - and drinking a couple of large glasses of water seem to help take my levels down quite well.

If I felt well I personally would not contact my GP over one particularly high reading, BUT I am not you and you could always phone 111 for advice is you are worried.

The other thing is, do you live on your own or are you with people? If you are alone that is an added reason to get advice.

Let us know how you are doing. I'm sorry not to be more helpful. but if you feel in need support or advice a phone call may help put your mind at rest.

All good wishes,

Bee Gee

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Hi I am so not in control of my bs levels over the last three days I have not gone below 14 and now I am at 20.2, I am worried and not sure if I should call a doctor or not?
BeeGee's right. What have you been eating as I know you were concerned about dietary changes to combat your condition?

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi Zoeout, I do remember you querying what you could eat before and being very concerned about it.

It is so difficult in the early stages, first with the diagnosis and then having to get your head around all the changes you have to make with your food choices. It will become easier.

Mike & BeeGee are right we need to know what you have been eating, if we can direct you off the carbs or at least low carb, then those sugar numbers will drop.

Also as BeeGee said a 15/30mins brisk walking will get the number down or should, I had to do that just yesterday and it works.

Also if the number don't drop then you need to see the GP

Neil

Reactions: 2 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome. Christmas is a carb laden time so it is possible that your diet has really impacted you. Can you let us know what you are eating? I would cut the carbs way back and see what happens.