Blood sugars on libre and my journey

Kevmawr

Hi,
I have just had libre 2 for past 2 weeks. Best thing I ever did.
I am type 2 and have struggled to keep on track. I decided to buy Libre 2 sensor and can see trends, morning g rise, overall average and predicted A1C.
My bloods are now averaging 5.9 over past 2 weeks. I am on Keto and I.F. which seems to be doing the trick.
Slightly higher readings this week but still good average. No changes to food, timings but may possibly be drinking less this week.
Would less hydration raise my levels on my libre albeit good?
Anybody else had this experience?
Starting walking and exercise from Mar 1. All part of the plan.
I'd the A1C predictor accurate? Mine is recording 34.
Thanks
Kevin

Reactions: Melgar and EllieM

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kevmawr, yes, being less hydrated will very likely raise your blood sugars. There are so many variants in our day to day living that will raise or lower your blood sugars it makes your head spin.

Piccyman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
I have just had libre 2 for past 2 weeks. Best thing I ever did.
I am type 2 and have struggled to keep on track. I decided to buy Libre 2 sensor and can see trends, morning g rise, overall average and predicted A1C.
My bloods are now averaging 5.9 over past 2 weeks. I am on Keto and I.F. which seems to be doing the trick.
Slightly higher readings this week but still good average. No changes to food, timings but may possibly be drinking less this week.
Would less hydration raise my levels on my libre albeit good?
Anybody else had this experience?
Starting walking and exercise from Mar 1. All part of the plan.
I'd the A1C predictor accurate? Mine is recording 34.
Thanks
Kevin
Do you have rising levels from about 4am to 11am in the morning?

Last edited:

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is the A1C predictor accurate? Mine is recording 34.
Sadly not as it is measuring something different.
My Estimated HBA1c"from Libre is a consistent 10 lower than the real blood test.
I think of it as another useful metric to track - if my "Estimated HBA1c" is coming down, so is my "real" HBA1C.