Blood test at Doctors

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
just a quick question. How regular should you have your bloods taken at the doctors or diabetes nurse , as mine seems to be none existent how often are yours

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
just a quick question. How regular should you have your bloods taken at the doctors or diabetes nurse , as mine seems to be none existent how often are yours
I think people should have tests 3 monthly until their BGs are in the non diabetic range, then it should slowly drop to 6 then 12 months, only if things stay stable.

I can get a test whenever I ask for one, but it's usually every 6-12 months now.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm T2 (just) and am scheduled yearly, but my GP has agreed to a six-month review to take into account some extra tests asked for by a neurologist plus a full spectrum cholesterol test to see how I've got on without statins. I feel that if I seem to be managing ok they don't want to know how, but are happy to use my allotted 10 minutes helping someone sicker. Maybe. Can of worms there.

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My nurse had mine tested every 3months until i got my levels down a bit ...... now I'm onto 6monthly tests :D T2 with meds:)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Although I'm T2 diet only and have a non-diabetic hba1c (36) I get tested every 6 months at the moment

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed, had a 3 month test, and now my GP doesn't want to see me for 12 months.

Of course if I want my blood tested earlier than that I can always have it done.

kentish maid

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who tell me I don't need to test my blood
I am type 2 as my hba1c is in the normal range I go every year.

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thanks for your replies every one I have only ever had one test after I was diagnosed and had to insist on that when I did get to see the practice nurse I was told I must have slipped through the net , looks like I've slipped through again , must be some big holes in their net

Reactions: 2 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your replies every one I have only ever had one test after I was diagnosed and had to insist on that when I did get to see the practice nurse I was told I must have slipped through the net , looks like I've slipped through again , must be some big holes in their net
This happens to my husband with his asthma clinic - we just give them a ring and remind them. This is partly due to our practice changing it's appointment system so whereas before the nurse could book your next appointment when she saw you now they can only tell us when to come back and we have to book it ourselves which makes it easier to forget particularly if she wants to see you in January just after Christmas!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
This happens to my husband with his asthma clinic - we just give them a ring and remind them. This is partly due to our practice changing it's appointment system so whereas before the nurse could book your next appointment when she saw you now they can only tell us when to come back and we have to book it ourselves which makes it easier to forget particularly if she wants to see you in January just after Christmas!!!!
Thanks Daphne, the wife is going in on Monday and will get me an appointment when she is there