bloodshot eyes

pinkjinks58

Dislikes
Hair, Dogs, Spiders, Rain & Ignorant people!
Hi

I've recently been getting bloodshot eyes and I'm not sure whether its to do with my diabetes.

I had my diabetic eye screening a few days ago and the photos of the back of my eyes came back fine, when I asked the lady that took the photos whether it was my diabetes she wasn't able to confirm.

Its mainly the bottom half of my eyes but on my left eye its really pink around the blue of my eye - does anyone else suffer from this due to their diabetes? It may have nothing to do with it but I thought I'd ask the question before contacting the diabetic clinic.

Thank you all :)

If it looks like the attached picture it may be a virus. I am not familar with anything like that being directly related to diabetes.

Attachments

• 1189694-1191260-1191370-2158769tn.jpg
    1189694-1191260-1191370-2158769tn.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 558

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Conjunctivitis can make the eye red although I suspect they may have picked up on this at your eye screening, I would make an appointment with your gp and ask them to examine your eyes just to be sure.

ivinghoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
professional football
I`ve had bloodshot eyes for sometime now too!
I have used some drops (Optive dual action lubricating eye drops) recommended by others on here which certainly helped but not cured my eyes so I`d be interested to hear if you find anything out
All the best
Al