1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

blue badge

Discussion in 'Benefits' started by coleyd, Mar 6, 2017.

1. coleyd

coleyd Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello

I have a blue badge for my m.e / chronic fatigue syndrome and I will be moving out of the area to another council area . Does anyone know if I need to get a new badge ? Or can I keep this one for the amount of time thats left on it with this council who issued it.

2. Pipp

Pipp I reversed my Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @coleyd
    You will need to inform your new council and the previous council of your change of address. If you don't there could be problems if they issue a charge for any parking misdemeanour.
    As long as you do not need a new badge to be issued there should not be a charge just to inform of change of address. You can do it online.

• Agree Agree x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook