Bolus advice settings

Eglinton71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am using the Accu-Chek Combo and have always used the Bolus Advice settings given to me when I was given the pump. These are: Acting Time 4 hours, Onset time 1 hour. Having looked at the profile for NovoRapid it seems these may not be correct. I'd be interested to know what settings do others use?

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
My acting time is also 4hrs but my offset is 1 1/2hrs, these are the midpoint settings given when i first started on my pump.
I think the acting time for novorapid is between 3-5hrs depending on the person.
I think it tells you in think like a pancreas there is a way of testing this, its well worth a read if you haven't all ready, plus i'm a slow ready so it may take me some time to find it in there.

Hope that is of some help.

Richard

Eglinton71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks Richard, it does help because I was worried that the settings were "well wrong". I see that lots of people recommend Think Like a Pancreas so I will get a copy.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My acting time changes according to whether it is warmer weather or cooker weather. I actually now change my twice a year when the clock changes...

My acting time during warmer weather is 3 hr 30 min and during cooler weather.. 4hr.

Offset time I am currently on 1hr but on spring clock change it will go to 45mins.

This is because I work outside and spend most of my life being physical so insulin acts quite quickly in my body. I am also slim. I do think the settings are down to peoples activitys and size, but thats only my perception...