Book Club

A

Anonymous

I was wondering whether anyone here is interested in forming an online book club, specifically to read books or articles that are of interest to diabetics of both types, low carbs, fasters etc. ?

The idea being that someone suggests a book or article and then we agree to chat about it through the thread a few days/weeks later.

Waddayathink ?

cuillie

Dislikes
Too numerous to mention
Yes sounds good to me. I've been diabetic since 1999, but only in the last few months really had a wake up call and learning so much from this forum, and I'll continue to learn, Your Idea od a book club is good as it might encourage more folk to research/read up about and generally educate themselves about the condition.

Kate

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds good, but I know this is gonna sound weird, I don't read books.. Never have I could not tell you 1 book I have ever read. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Sounds good to me too, guess i need to join the library or something, dont want to be buying books and them gathering dust :lol:

antmos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Swimmer,

Sounds good to me as well. Will you organise it?

Ant

A

Anonymous

Can I suggest we start with something short and review in a couple of days?

This is a blog post from Gary Taubes and forms part of his book "Why we get fat". You may agree with him or you may think he's talking rubbish, but thats the point of the book club I guess.

http://garytaubes.com/2010/12/inanity-of-overeating/

So have a look and see what you think. Meet back here Sunday for virtual coffee and comments?

S