i am taking ramiprill for high bp
but when i do not take them
i do not feel any different
i wonder why
what am i missing

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
High BP does not have that many symptoms ! The only sure way to know if it is high or not is by taking a blood pressure reading. This is usually done by the doctor or nurse but you can buy home blood pressure monitors.

Keep taking the tablets, they are helping to keep you healthy.

CeeCee59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take Rampril also - and after being on it for three months I realized that I have been coughing every single day! I have an appointment to see my doc tomorrow and will see if I can switch to something else. Many of the pharacy's here in Canada have blood pressure monitoring machines that you can use and I try to take mine once every two weeks or so to see how I am doing. Rampril worked for the first month, but now my BP is as high as it ever was (at least the top number is, though the bottom number has dropped significantly). I am also taking a diuretic and have done for about three years - doesn't seem to be doing much in fact it probably made me not report my diabetes symptoms to the doc when I should have as I put the frequent trips to the bathroom down to taking these pills.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Ramipril is a very useful drug ljfh, as well as helping to lower blood pressure it also helps to protect your kidneys against the possible ravages of diabetes.

It is one of the drugs I am more than happy to take :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
CeeCee59 said:
I take Rampril also - and after being on it for three months I realized that I have been coughing every single day!

Our posts seem to have posted at roughly the same time CeeCee, sorry to hear you have had problems with a cough, unfortunately it is one of the listed possible side effects of ace inhibitors so unfortunately it is probably not for you. Hopefully your GP will suggest something else :D

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
I take perindopril 4mgs, have done so for years and years, no problems

good luck with yours