Bras and pump location

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I have clipped my pump, still in its case, in the middle of my bra on numerous occasions - it's ok but can stick out a bit and not always comfortable. Well, I was looking for a soft bra to go on holiday as I've found the wired ones can rub against me in hotter climbs and last year I even had a cut from one. Last week I saw the Genie bras advertised on a shopping channel - 3 bras for £12 and they came with insertable soft cups. They arrived today and I put one on to go to town and they are extremely comfy and shapely. To my pleasant surprise as well, because of the shape of them and the band underneath, my pump fits into them very nicely and doesn't seem to stick out like in other bras. I put it in a mobile phone sock when in my bra cup. Though I'd share this as I know others have issues with pump location.

jodysd6

These are the only bras I wear now unless I am wearing something unusual where it would show as they are so comfy and I just shove my pump in the side of them! After years of uncomfy bras I love these!

Reactions: 3 people

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you put your pump in the side then, sort of under your arm?

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
No I don't. I put mine directly in the cup but because they're stretchy they seem to fit really well. I think others use the band under their arm though. I just find my pump a bit uncomfortable there.

iHs

I have always used my bra for the pump. I just put it inside a thin babysock and position the pump in the bra cup on a diagonal slant. I only have small boobs and dont have any trouble at all

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've bought an insulin pump case off eBay for £7.99 and it has poppers on it with 3 different size settings. It goes around your bra or underwear or anything else you may want to fasten it round and has been a godsend for me. I usually wear it on the tightest popper underneath my arm attached to my bra but when I've had tight fitting clothes on have worn it round the back of my bra. Then at night I usually put it in the middle if the bra on the loosest setting which allows it to always be the right way to prevent air bubbles getting into the tubing. No need to wear any special underwear either! It can also go round your belt loops if you don't wear a bra, I've tried a waist belt too, the skins with a plastic clip but I've definitely found this the comfiest/easiest/best and I will be buying another shortly.

The seller on eBay is called pouch4all or if you search insulin pump bra/ trouser pouch they should come up

Reactions: 4 people

hails

I always put mine in the back on the thicker part of the bra, to the lft or the right. Almost looks like a mic pack when I have a tight top on though. I find it much more comfy than the front though

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wouldnt consider putting it on my Bra, always goes in my front pocket. Maybe because its a CGM also.