breakfast ceral

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Its when you combine fats with carbs, that makes you fat. My cholesterol has gone down since lchf. Its healthy fats like avocado's, olive oil, butter, cream and full fat yogurt. Not mars bars fried in batter or a pizza thrown in the deep fat fryer. Do some research, but stay away from high carb cereals and pasta and breads, don't you know the story of wheat, and how its changed in 50 yrs. Hence the epidemic that is diabetes.

Reactions: 6 people

trueblue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know that low sat fats are good. I often eat avocado,nuts/ natural peanut butter, cottage/fetta cheese etc,,,but sausages and bacon can'r be healthy everyday?? If I where going to have them I would use the George foreman and grill em. Its surprising how much fat that thing squeezes out of them.

I still have pasta occasionally ,,but only the brown / wholegrain and usually only once a week now with fish and prawn through it. I figure with all the exercise I'm doing I can hopefully get away with that.. As for Bread I went to wholemeal to begin with then cut that tout oo. Since quitting bread I lost the most weight.

A

AnnieC

A fry up is good for you! Bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms. Use olive oil or rapeseed oil for frying, and cook your mushrooms in butter if you like them that way. It will also stop you from being hungry.
I'm not totally convinced by that. Nice to think whilst munching on a fry up but nah I just cant see that as healthy everyday as they must be high in saturates,, look at countries like USA who eat a lot of fatty foods and same in West Scotland where we will fry just about anything,, all struggling with heart probs and obesity.

Besides fat makes you fat,,esp around the middle,, I have got myself back to a 32" waist and its my goal to try and get down to about 10% body fat ,,I dont think I will get that from eating fry ups,,,, wish ye could tho lol :)
Yes you are a bit like me I would not fry a breakfast like that nor have bacon and eggs together I would have one or the other I would cut the fat off bacon and grill or dry fry it and probably poach the eggs but then I only do moderate carbs and low fat not LCHF.... each to their own

Last edited:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I'm not totally convinced by that. Nice to think whilst munching on a fry up but nah I just cant see that as healthy everyday as they must be high in saturates,, look at countries like USA who eat a lot of fatty foods and same in West Scotland where we will fry just about anything,, all struggling with heart probs and obesity.

Besides fat makes you fat,,esp around the middle,, I have got myself back to a 32" waist and its my goal to try and get down to about 10% body fat ,,I dont think I will get that from eating fry ups,,,, wish ye could tho lol :)
As someone stated already, it is the combination of high fat and high carbs that is unhealthy. Fat with low carbs, not so much. There is a theory that the soft water in the West of Scotland contributes to poor heart health and it's not just diet. We are kinda doomed already so make the most of your food and enjoy it :)

Since Christmas I have lost 40 lbs and reduced my hba1c to 38 by following this way of eating http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Reactions: 2 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes

All wrong mate. Cut the carbs. I was diagnosed T2 5 months ago I went low carb high fat and lost 4 stone in under 4 months. My HbA1c improved to the point that 2 doctors have declared me cured.
I can eat loads of bacon and eggs.

Reactions: 4 people