Breast Augmentation

Sarah1988

Is there anyone on this site who has diabeties and has had a breast augmentation or other surgery? Would be great to talk to someone who has x

T1ram

I haven't had breast augmentation surgery but I have had a 9 hour back operation because of the diabetes I had to go into hospital the day before the operation so they could monitor my BG. The anaethesist decided to half my lantus, long acting insulin, however during the night my BG went through the roof and had to be put on an insulin drip thankfully they came back down to a sensible level because if they hadn't I wouldn't have been able to have the op. I don't want to scare you just make sure you check with the doctors what there doing and talk to your diabetes team before hand. Hope it all goes well.
Esme

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I had a total hip replacement just under 4 weeks ago. I went in on the day of the op a Friday and went home on the Sunday mid morning. I had no problems at all with my bs it stayed steady, I have normal blood pressure but for about a day it was on the low side. Was told to take all my normal medication on the day of the op except novorapid.

Elc1112

Hi Sarah,

I had a breast reduction back in February. It was a huge decision for me, but I have not regretted it once. The surgeon had warned me that I was at greater risk of complications, wider scars and longer healing because of my diabetes. I have had no issues whatsoever. My checked my hba1c at my pre op and said that I would have been ruled out if it was considered to be too high; it came back at 5.something so I was fine. The only thing I would suggest is that you keep control over your own insulin when you're in hospital. I was put on a sliding scale ahead of the operation and they kept me on that for three days as u was quite immobile. If I was to do it again I would have definitely ask to be taken off the sliding scale once I was recovered from the general.

Finally, check out a site called breast health online. There are loads of people on there who have had breast reductions or augmentations. Like this site it's great for general advice.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions. I know I had loads ahead of my surgery!!

Em xx

Sarah1988

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your replies. I have actually already had 2 boob jobs now (forgot to mention that) My Hbaic was 9.8 :silent: so was surprised they done it this time round. Have healed really well and was in no pain, was just interested to see if anyone else had the same as me really :) xx

Elc1112

Glad you're healing well, Sarah :) You're very brave going through the op three times. I made such a fuss about the first one I'm not sure I could cope going through it again lol. Hope the recovery goes well. Take care x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Why would anyone want breast augmentation?
I'm a natural JJ an it's a pain [literally]. If Iwere younger [I'm 65] I'd try for a reduction, but I can't afford private surgery. I find it difficult to keep myself in bras. My size [36JJ] is scarce and a bit pricey.And it's difficult to avoid back ache
Hana

Elc1112

Hana, I know exacty how you feel! I was a 28j ab t made shopping incredibly difficult. The back pain was awful and my spine was really starting to suffer as a result. I'm a size 6-8 so was really not in proportion. No amount of exercise or dieting could fix that! I was lucky and got the surgery on the NHS. Best decision I hVe ever made. It was only four months ago but the benefits have been amazing!

As for the breast augmentation, I can understand why, for some people, it is a very attractive option. A lot of people couldn't understand why I wanted mine reduced!

Em :)

Sarah1988

hanadr said:
Why would anyone want breast augmentation?
I'm a natural JJ an it's a pain [literally]. If Iwere younger [I'm 65] I'd try for a reduction, but I can't afford private surgery. I find it difficult to keep myself in bras. My size [36JJ] is scarce and a bit pricey.And it's difficult to avoid back ache
Hana

I wanted it as I was a AA on my left and a B on my right so decided at 19 I was fed up of being depressed etc and saved hard and paid for it. Unfortunately they were these horrid PIP implants that have been all over the news so had to have them replaced (at my cost) and luckily I did as they were both ruptured and had leaked into my body :( x

BeccaBoo

I have had breast augmentation. I also was very young when I had my implants. I had them removed during the "implant scare". Then I was asked to be in a study to get them back on the market. I was in the study nine years and then an X=Ray at Mayo showed silicone outside of the breast. It had also gone into 6 of my lymp nodes. When the doctor was removing it, it ruptured and silicone spilled into the cavity. They flushed it numerous times. I still have silicone showing on MRI and in lymp nodes. I did enjoy them when I was younger and insecure. My husband (who is my ex now) always stared and remarked about large breasted women. I wish I had been more secure with my body and self esteem. He had the problem, NOT ME! The implants I had for 25 years never caused any problems. It was the new ones that ruptured!