BROKEN ALL THE RULES TODAY

coxymk2

Well I have had a cold for about two weeks and can't shake it off. The past three days been unable to eat anything and have felt lousy. Today a bit better and was starving so had my all time favourite very large plate of chips three slices white bread and butter and a large mug of sweet tea. Think it may take a while for me to come back to earth

Reactions: 4 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Well I have had a cold for about two weeks and can't shake it off. The past three days been unable to eat anything and have felt lousy. Today a bit better and was starving so had my all time favourite very large plate of chips three slices white bread and butter and a large mug of sweet tea. Think it may take a while for me to come back to earth
Well, sometimes our mental health and general well being will benefit from some comfort food. I bet you feel much better already! ;)
Maybe you just needed extra 'injection' of energy to able to fight the bugs.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I think that concoction would leave me feeling bloated, stuffed and thirsty. Possibly even almost as bad as the cold, but that's just funny old me.

I hope you enjoyed it, without too many repercussions.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bet you did enjoy them especially as you had not eaten for a few days. I am partial to some chips myself sometimes.

Reactions: 2 people

LucyM88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would rather have that and feel better! Sometimes you just gotta be human but I'm sure you know exactly what to do now...keep an eye on your levels, etc...!

coxymk2

Well got really bitten on the butt for yesterdays rule breaking. Been very good today ate healthily but after having my tea of Omelette and Sweet Potato Wedges and some Garden Peas got a reading 2hrs after this of 18.4 scared the life out of me need to behave in future (try not to lie to myself) going to be careful for a while to sort this out.

K

Kat100

I need something to keep me going some days .. Could be a few chips , small banana .. What ever helps depending on need ..
Hope you feel better soon .. @coxymk2

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Well got really bitten on the butt for yesterdays rule breaking. Been very good today ate healthily but after having my tea of Omelette and Sweet Potato Wedges and some Garden Peas got a reading 2hrs after this of 18.4 scared the life out of me need to behave in future (try not to lie to myself) going to be careful for a while to sort this out.
Sending you hugs - I was diagnosed T2 in October last year and one of the first things I found out was that sweet potatoes do not agree with me! Have you tried celeriac chips? I just tried them the other day and they had a negligible effect on my bg