Bronchitis

W

WithoutSugar

Hello!

About 1 year ago, I visited an idiot's council flat, where he had the central heater on at high temperatures (probably for free) and all the windows closed, with probably some cloths on the airer etc, which created the PERFECT condition for bugs to thrive.

I felt discomfort by entering his room and after some time staying in that horrendous atmosphere, I felt 'something' in my bronchii and lungs.

Unfortunately I stayed there for a couple of hours and after a couple of days, I got a cold. That cold lasted 30 days! And it involved my lower respiratory system, which has never happened to me before, as I always get a nose or throat infection, not lower in the lungs.

Even after the 30 days, I got some mild symptoms for 6 months and even a year after, I get occasionally some mucus, that doesn't come from nose, but from quite deeper in the lungs and I have to clear my throat.

Now, one year after, I got a bronchitis again.

I am really worried, is it possible the damage from that exposure in his flat, to make me subjective to reccuring bronchitis? Or it is totally irrelevant that I got the same type of infection now a year after?

Also, is it possible the damage in the first instance to be so severe that will last 1 year? I mean I never had to clear my throat in the past, but since that night in the flat, I have to do it some times! Will I ever restore my respiratory system to the prior condition or I will be subjective to respiratory infections when older?

Any idea?

thanks!

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Were you treated for the original respiratory problem? Was it diagnosed as due to a specific organism at the time? A cold should last about a week. I think I would seek medical attention if I was having recurring or long lasting respiratory problems.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've heard that damp pores can damage your lungs. As in regards to just the tubes (bronchitis). I'm not sure. Medical advisor is your best port of call regarding that answer. I hope you haven't any permanent lung damage and can finally kick bronchitis into oblivion, permanently!
Best wishes from me. @WithoutSugar

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ps. I think I have bronchitis. My mum had it 3 wks ago and I've been sharing her hotel room whilst she coughed on her antibiotics.
9yr old is complaining now too but she kisses him.
Don't think our gp is open on saturdays. Walk-in centre in the morning might be worth a long waiting visit. Unless I can medicate us til monday. I'll see how he fairs in the morning. Hes sleeping without a cough at present but I've woken highly congested and spitting blood. Just taken co-codamol and refreshed my mental oil on nightwear. Sitting up in living room awaiting for hot cheeks to settle down. I wouldnt care but was in hospital last week with suspected heartattack due to breathing difficulties I've been experiencing for months but had chest pain last friday too. No cough in hospital so I hope I didn't pass this nasty bug on. I slept opposite a delightful lady with dementia who giggled in her sleep. God bless her.

peterjones6000

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Miserable people
Get to the doctors last year I felt rough cough etc, pneumonia 2 weeks in hospital then felt great until they called me back and said I had lung cancer. One right lung less I tell anyone with chest problem get it checked. Good luck

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Get to the doctors last year I felt rough cough etc. pneumonia 2 weeks in hospital then felt great until they called me back and said I had lung cancer. One right lung less I tell anyone with chest problem get it checked. Good luck
My chest was x-rayed so I free to go home awaiting ct scan on heart. However your right a cough can be an indication of a problem. My breathing problem was why I was checked for a heart attack with heavy chest. 2 blood tests and an x-ray and hours of ecg later I was assured no heart attack, phew!
I suspect inflammation due to this bronchitis starting. Hopefully it will be an all clear by the time I have the additional tests.
Looking like I'll be asking for antibiotics on monday morning. ;)