Bruises on hand

HelenMW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spiders, peas and most of all diabetes!
Hi, this might be completely unrelated but does anyone else get unexplained bruises on the back of their hands? I first noticed this before I was diagnosed with type 2, so it won't be medicine-related and all the information I can find on the net seems to imply it might be age-related but at the tender age of 54 I'm not keen to accept that! I currently have my 4th bruise, which has come up only 2 or 3 days after the last one faded. I really don't know if it's something to worry about or not. Any thoughts?

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Helen, I have not had experience of this, but would like to advise that you have a word with your Dr about this. Its best to be safe and hopefully they can put your mind at rest over the bruising, or catch any problem early.

julesXjaguar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, this might be completely unrelated but does anyone else get unexplained bruises on the back of their hands? I first noticed this before I was diagnosed with type 2, so it won't be medicine-related and all the information I can find on the net seems to imply it might be age-related but at the tender age of 54 I'm not keen to accept that! I currently have my 4th bruise, which has come up only 2 or 3 days after the last one faded. I really don't know if it's something to worry about or not. Any thoughts?
Hi Helen. I too get these bruises. Same age. I didn't notice them before going on meds 2 1/2 years ago. Not mentioned them to doc. I do bruise easily...and take ages to go. :( Just another Diabetic quirk?

Reactions: 2 people

HelenMW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spiders, peas and most of all diabetes!
Hi Helen. I too get these bruises. Same age. I didn't notice them before going on meds 2 1/2 years ago. Not mentioned them to doc. I do bruise easily...and take ages to go. :( Just another Diabetic quirk?
Well I mentioned them to the GP this morning and she says it's probably a weak blood vessel in that hand and nothing to worry about so that's good :)