Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not happy again

5.7 at bedtime (normal average 5.3)
6.1 at 2am
6.0 at 5-15am
6.0 this morning.

So I was running at 6.0 all night. No explanation. Roast chicken dinner, good night's sleep, no stress etc etc. It's all a lottery.

Reactions: 4 people

suzie_girl

Just got my Hba1c back; 39! Tra laaaaa! This is my happy face.

I thought it would be good, I had a bug for about 3 weeks at the same time as a kidney infection so I felt quite rotten and hence was testing a lot, kept seeing 5's on the meter :) But I'm really happy with this.

I do synchronised swimming which is really really hard exercise, and I am lucky my lovely boyfriend cooks a fully home made meal for me every night. Other than this I will have a small cake each day usually at some point, but generally don't eat a lot of carb as I don't like it (that's lucky!). I strongly believe the right breakfast, regular exercise, and no processed food has a huge positive benefit for type 2. I'm really very pleased :)

Reactions: 13 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @suzie_girl Brilliant news, and even better you can have a small cake every day. You must be very fit with good lungs to do your synchronised swimming. I do know (from my youth) how hard that is.

Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I thought it would be good, I had a bug for about 3 weeks at the same time as a kidney infection so I felt quite rotten and hence was testing a lot, kept seeing 5's on the meter :) But I'm really happy with this.

I do synchronised swimming which is really really hard exercise, and I am lucky my lovely boyfriend cooks a fully home made meal for me every night. Other than this I will have a small cake each day usually at some point, but generally don't eat a lot of carb as I don't like it (that's lucky!). I strongly believe the right breakfast, regular exercise, and no processed food has a huge positive benefit for type 2. I'm really very pleased :)
Excellent results Suzie_girl.... wish I could have a cake every day:( Have a feeling it would kill me:sour:

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

WOW ! :D

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 before 30 minute walk
3.6 before lunch
7.3 After lunch...

The 3.6 gave me a little scare.. I felt fine when I got back from the walk... then I went all hot and sweaty and started to shake and felt really unwell. Even after my lunch I felt like this, so I had two pieces of chocolate and eventually started to feel better...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.6 before lunch
7.3 After lunch...

The 3.6 gave me a little scare.. I felt fine when I got back from the walk... then I went all hot and sweaty and started to shake and felt really unwell. Even after my lunch I felt like this, so I had two pieces of chocolate and eventually started to feel better...

That must have been scary, but did you test again to confirm it? Your shakes etc may have been related to anything, or have you been that low before and felt the same? I wish my 30 minute walks made my levels drop. They go up if anything. Lol.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
3.6 before lunch
7.3 After lunch...

It takes me a good 45 minutes to recover properly from a hypo. Not nice. :nurse:. That's just how I go. I get a little disoriented as well

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think I've every had a hype before, its the first time I've felt a bit scared like this and Yes it took about 45 mins for me to feel 'normal' again. I took my BS 3 times.. 2 were 3.6 one was 3.5. I don't think I've ever been so low... I was actually fine when I was walking but as soon as sat down I started to feel ill...I ate my lunch Chicken salad with olives and an Olive oil dressing thinking I'd feel better afterwards, which I didn't - so I thought sugar was needed and ate two chocolates - after an hour I went to 9.2 and at 2 hrs down to 7.3. What a roller-coaster. I didn't have a LCHF breakfast this morning... so I think that may have been partly to blame... I think I am gonna stop pushing the boundaries for a while and go back to being a good LCHF girl as I didn't like what happened at lunchtime one bit :(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't understand why your "pushing the boundaries" breakfast (what was it?) would cause such a low. Surely it would make you higher? I'm afraid I'm not well up on the science bits. I hope all is well now Kezzer.

Could it have been you left too long a gap between breakfast and lunch, with a 30 minute walk between?

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think I've every had a hype before, its the first time I've felt a bit scared like this and Yes it took about 45 mins for me to feel 'normal' again. I took my BS 3 times.. 2 were 3.6 one was 3.5. I don't think I've ever been so low... I was actually fine when I was walking but as soon as sat down I started to feel ill...I ate my lunch Chicken salad with olives and an Olive oil dressing thinking I'd feel better afterwards, which I didn't - so I thought sugar was needed and ate two chocolates - after an hour I went to 9.2 and at 2 hrs down to 7.3. What a roller-coaster. I didn't have a LCHF breakfast this morning... so I think that may have been partly to blame... I think I am gonna stop pushing the boundaries for a while and go back to being a good LCHF girl as I didn't like what happened at lunchtime one bit :(
As bluetit says, a non low carb breakfast should raise your bg. I have had hypos and struggled to find a reason because I have changed nothing. At least you got to eat chocolates ;).I tend to go for the jelly babies. Always in my pocket just in case

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What I meant was that occasionally I fancy something i know I shouldn't have and I hope that it will all work out for the best. This morning I wanted toast more than life its self (ok I'm exaggerating). So I had one slice of seed sensation bread with butter and peanut butter. So it was mainly a carb breakfast, which is why I was hungry come 12noon...and I think the carbs get used up quicker and hence the low BS... I could be totally getting this wrong, but I've never dropped low after a walk before...usually I end up higher. I feel great now...