BS readings

suzie_girl

4.2 according to my new meter. So I checked on my old one, 4.6.

2 hours ago I ate a large bag of revels. I do a lot of exercise so I can do such things sometimes if I have balanced things right, but even I knew I should expect a very naughty 7.4 maybe given what I've done/ eaten the rest of the day. I wouldn't normally do it but I have a pretty good ability to judge roughly where my blood sugar is from how I feel and the fact I wasn't feeling regret (just a little green) prompted me to check.

What the hell has occurred here though does anyone know? Is this some weird over correction where it's going to go flying get up in an hour?

Essentially my body has done what it's meant to do which is fine, except I am DEFINITELY diabetic as of 3 years or so now......

Anyone got any theories (other then I need to exercise self control, and GENUINELY that is not like me I've not done that once before since diagnosed).

suzie_girl

I appreciate it it might sound like cause for celebration but it's really not as it implies something is quite wrong somewhere

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haven't done a lot of testing today, rotten cold, can't breath, nose flooding.
5.5 Bed
Missed Fasting Test, forgot ugh! :oops:
Breakfast Testing not required
Lunch Testing not required
4.8 Pre Dinner
7.5 1.5hrs Liver, Broccoli, French beans, Kale, left over curried veg mainly peppers, was OK
6.2 2hrs Yogurt frozen mixed berries
6.0 3hrs 1 sq 70%

Get well soon @daddys1

Reactions: 2 people

suzie_girl

Hi bluetit, nope, I do take metformin twice a day. I got a 5.7 2 hours and a 4.5 just before lunch. Nothing *appears* shifty, I seem to be processing sugar better I'm just not sure why. Only things I've been doing different lately the doctor had me on folic acid which has made me feel great, and I drank a strong cup of hibiscus tea which seems to be said to reduce sugars but those are tenuous.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi bluetit, nope, I do take metformin twice a day. I got a 5.7 2 hours and a 4.5 just before lunch. Nothing *appears* shifty, I seem to be processing sugar better I'm just not sure why. Only things I've been doing different lately the doctor had me on folic acid which has made me feel great, and I drank a strong cup of hibiscus tea which seems to be said to reduce sugars but those are tenuous.

Maybe it is time to celebrate then, but do keep an eye on things.

May I ask if the folic acid supplement is because of over-large red blood corpuscles? I ask because I have been reading up about this and it seems they are caused by Vit B12 and/or folate deficiency. I doubt my Vit B12 is deficient because of the foods I eat, but my folate may be.

suzie_girl

I was feeling really terribly awful bluetit, I had exhaustion, I was very depressed, constant headache for over a month even though I usually don't get headaches, my heart kept feeling all wrong and racing, really feeling very poor indeed like this for several a months so the doctor gave me an ecg and a sack of tests, and said I had a folic acid deficiency. I forgot to pick up the pills for a few weeks, didn't expect anything out of them. When I finally remembered I took the first one and bizarrely just a few hours later felt completely brilliant! Though nothing changed in my circumstances and I expected nothing from the pills all I can tell you is its been a month and I've felt totally brilliant ever since. I had no idea a deficiency could make you feel so terrible, I have no idea how long I've had it.

Honestly I am addicted to green veggies and obsessed with iron type flavours like liver and spinach so I should also not be deficient. I do have a knackered immune system / inflammatory condition and apparently these can cause a deficiency so it'll be interesting to see what happens when I finish the course.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They sound like miracle pills!

I don't feel ill at all, in fact never better, but my blood results do show slightly larger than normal red blood cells when all my other bits and bobs are bang on normal. Oh well, perhaps it's just the way I am!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting 6.1
Pre breakfast 5.5
Post 5.8
Pre lunch 5.8
Post 6.2
3 hrs 5.5
Pre dinner 5.1
Post average 6.5

Bit higher today but I have eaten my bodyweight in meat. Really hungry day.

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 Breakfast Fasting 10.21am
No more testing required for this breakfast
5.1 Pre Lunch
No Testing require for Lunch
5.0 Pre Dinner of Jalfrezi Curry Rice plus Naan & Wine, Curry was listed as only13 carbs, but the Naan was 46carbs for a whole one, I had a 1/3.
5.3 1/2 hr I know where the saying comes from now "I Can't Eat a Whole One"
6.0 1 hr
7.1 1 1.2hr
7.6 2 hrs
8.2 2 1/2 hrs not good
7.2 3 hrs on the way down not good but not too bad

Eating strawberries & yogurt now

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before b/fast 5.9 - Hot Oat cereal, with oat bran and flax seed
1 hour after 8.1
2 hours after 7.2
Pre tea 5.7 - 3 roast chicken thighs and 5 BIG chips
2 hours after 6.9 (forgot to test at 1 hour but had it before so just confirming that the original readings were within the same ball park

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday my readings were between 4.5 and 6.1 across all 3 meals, fasting and bedtime. I was pleased with this, but gave my 1 hour testing a rest. Had I done these, my upper end readings would have been higher. My spikes now are all at 1 hour approx. and by 2 hours I'm down to around 6.5 for all meals.

My nurse was more pleased with this than she was with my HbA1c result! She said it shows my own insulin is working as it should. She added that 1 hour readings are good, just to see if we come down quickly, but not to be regarded as important in respect of food choices provided I come down quickly. Just as a non diabetic would.

Reactions: 4 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Yesterday my readings were between 4.5 and 6.1 across all 3 meals, fasting and bedtime. I was pleased with this, but gave my 1 hour testing a rest. Had I done these, my upper end readings would have been higher. My spikes now are all at 1 hour approx. and by 2 hours I'm down to around 6.5 for all meals.

My nurse was more pleased with this than she was with my HbA1c result! She said it shows my own insulin is working as it should. She added that 1 hour readings are good, just to see if we come down quickly, but not to be regarded as important in respect of food choices provided I come down quickly. Just as a non diabetic would.
Just Perfect.....BIG UP.. @Bluetit1802 spikes at 1 hour and down to 6.5...quite NORMAL wouldnt you say....WELL DONE and CONGRATULATIONS. You are a rarity!

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Bs 8.7 I've been running high all day , headache and no energy. I hope I'm not coming down with something :(

Reactions: 7 people