"Bullworker" type machines?

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
(T2 on diet & exercise)

OK, I'm steadily losing weight doing a lowish carb higher fat diet and also walking approximately at least two sometimes six miles a day... but I need to bulk up my muscle mass to further increase the effectiveness of my walking (can't jog or run due to old injury).

Got myself a bullworker type device from Argos yesterday... has anyone else had success with these things? It's not a genuine Bullworker as it only has single cables so isn't as versatile as the real thing...

Also believe I need to up my protein intake now to help the muscles grow?

Fraddycat

Hi Paul,

Don't know about the bullworker gadget but I have been using the upper body machines at the gym and have found them to be of real benefit. Also I bought hand weights and use them when walking. When I am on a deserted bit of road when walking I do arm raises and the other one which is quite effective is to hold the hand weights at waist level and swing them to the other side of your body so you are twisting your waist (you look a bit stupid but it works on your obliques).

I'm not sure about needing extra protein, I hear mixed messages maybe someone else can answer that one ...I think it depends whether you want to look like Arnie ...