Called by Abbotts re: complaints

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So having dealt with probably the rudest rep so far at Abbotts first thing this morning, imagine my surprise when I finally got a call from someone more senior in their Customer Service department, in response to a letter I sent when I got back from Singapore. In that letter I called out some of the issues I had with both the reliability of short-date sensors, and the secondary skin issues I was suffering using them.

I also brought to their attention the stock rotation issues (having been advised to only order 3 in the middle/towards the end of the month).

From the putset of the call, she was very conciliatory - wanting to apologise for the issues I had experienced after a good start with the product. That in itself spoke volumes. Over the past month I have been astounded by members of this forum criticising those who were caught out by the stock delivery issues, yet not everyone can afford to bulk-buy and some are limited to buying on payday. In an ideal world you should be able to order what you can afford, when you can afford it without fellow sufferers being judgemental on your lack of organisation and control.

Anyway - the rep I dealt with this morning was abrupt, rude and I find it extremely challenging to try and keep my patience and tru to explain the issues. Eventually he got to grips with the kinds of frustrations some of us have experienced. As a result he is sending me a free Optium kit as a blood-letting backup and the more senior manager who called me today offered to send me a sensor for the one that died in Singapore that was binned by the maid.

At most I feel we have the beginnings of a path of more constructive dialogue with them, and they have realised that the mounting stock chaos, the anxiety caused by short dates and even if the allergy to adhesive of their users is not strictly their issue, to be seen to be wanting to help suggest a solution speaks volumes.

One free sensor, one order for 6 sensors with no need to use the postage code doing the rounds as they knocked off the delivery and one free Optium kit coming my way.