Can a diabetic eat boiled eggs?

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for all your replies

is there any difference between free run/ omega 3/ organic / ?

1207JRVL

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Missing your toast soldiers on low carb diet when having dippy boiled eggs.try slicing spam or similar then fry till crispy, cut into strips. Almost perfect!
I like the sound of alternatives to toast but for me as a vegetarian I will have to try vege bacon or tofu which will be just as good I hope.

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I so wish I liked eggs more than I do as I will agree they are very versatile, pretty inexpensive and hard boiled ones are very portable! As it is, I can only take about 2-3 a week. I just don't like them enough to eat more than that. :(

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha, I only ever shoot things I would eat :)
Shooting eggs must get a bit messy - or do you shoot the hens instead???:D:D

Robbity

PS I'm not overfond of eggs so I tend to disguise those I eat in baked goodies, but husband makes me eat omelettes occasionally.

Tessmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love eggs , I cut a bell pepper in half and deseed it put on a tray break an egg and put in each half of the pepper , put in the oven for 15 mins take out and fill with cheese, put a slice of Chorizo on top, back in oven for 5 mins and serve with a pork chop
1c45651f6da84b8b873cb8ece7b2cb17.jpg

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love eggs , I cut a bell pepper in half and deseed it put on a tray break an egg and put in each half of the pepper , put in the oven for 15 mins take out and fill with cheese, put a slice of Chorizo on top, back in oven for 5 mins and serve with a pork chop
1c45651f6da84b8b873cb8ece7b2cb17.jpg
I want to try this but that seems a long time in the oven for the egg - doesn't it go hard? What oven temperature do you use?

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I understood that dietary cholesterol has little or no effect on body cholesterol as our bodies make their own cholesterol. Shoot me down if you wish!
You are absolutely correct, the more we eat the less the body makes. University of Surrey did some research, making students eat eggs every day. Maybe that was just some kind of torture. Even Ancel Keys as far back as the 50s was saying that ingested cholesterol does not affect total cholesterol levels.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some days I eat four, some days none - I go with what I feel like eating - sometimes I boil them then let cool and eat with cheese and salad, sometimes I fry them with bacon, or with mushrooms and sweet peppers, I scramble them and grate cheese onto them just before cooking ends. They are so adaptable, so there is probably something to take your fancy whatever time of day it is.
Soufflé omelettes are quite spectacular and very filling, and can be filled with just about anything left in the fridge.

Reactions: Prem51

Tessmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I want to try this but that seems a long time in the oven for the egg - doesn't it go hard? What oven temperature do you use?
Hi I put oven on 180 but you can alter the time so the yolk is still runny

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs and brandy mix very well. Advocaat anyone (otherwise known as egg nogg or egg flip)?. Stand clear of both ends with this one.
I remember as a young child seeing my father - a heavy drinker - making a similar drink with raw eggs as part of his regular morning-after hangover cure. :hungover::wideyed::hungover:

I don't particularly like eggs but I do try to eat several a week, generally in my baked goods (sweet or savoury muffins or low carb bread), sometimes in omelettes, or in a goats cheese, spinach and a red or yellow pepper chopped and mixed with a couple of eggs beaten up with sour cream, and baked in the microwave

IMO they are an excellent food for diabetics - particularly as an integral part of a LCHF diet - in whatever form you prefer to eat them.

Robbity

Buttons11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do like eating eggs, but I always get the feeling I'm going to throw up for several hours afterwards (I've never actually done it though!)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I like eggs cooked in anyway, but particularly poached. I often hardboil a couple of eggs, peel them and keep them in some salted water in the fridge as a handy snack if I'm a bit peckish.