Can AI comes to the rescue?

mysorian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
How about using AI to come up with a game plan to average carbohydrate intake on any day by knowing the carbohydrate intake (not necessarily carbohydrate values per se) represented by the actual items rice, fish, etc.

D

Deleted member 475901

Not sure why we need AI when there are several ways already to do this, by meal and total per day?

And that would not work for me - initial testing showed not only the total carbs a day my body can handle but also how many in a single meal. No way could I eat all my daily carbs in one meal without spiking badly.

Mallyman

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
There is not an honest AI system on the market. Remember they are still working of 1 and 0. That can be manipulated to tell someone the moon is made from low carb Big Macs.

Reactions: JAT1

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seriously, AI might be useful for analysing meals in the knowledge that as we grow old, our bodies absorb less of the essential nutrients from our meals, so AI could show that aspect of the meal proposed may not meet RDI. AI may also be good at advising us what supplements would be beneficial for us to take, thus removing the pick and mix setup we have today.