Can I drink vegetable juice on low carb diet?

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This has probably been asked somewhere else but I can't find it. I'm on low carb diet now for 3 weeks. Can I drink vegetable juice? The only fruit I can manage are blueberries and raspberries and fruit juices are too sweet. Hubby just joined me on this diet one week ago. He isn't diabetic - but is very overweight - and I'm looking for things that he can introduce too. Thanks.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Look at the carb content on the label. You should be OK with say 10 g carb. I find them strong tasting, so dilute with water.

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
oops, sorry I should have made that question clearer. We've been offered a juicer, and I was wondering if it's worth taking - will we be able to drink vegetable juice?

jaykay

I guess the same would apply to the juice as to the vegetable itself-stay away from starchy and root veg but anything green and/or leafy should be great!( not sure about the 'great' taste tho' :lol: ). On the plus side, there is no doubt that a juicer would give you a great nutritional, fresh product that would probably have a lot of benefits to your general health, which has to be a plus!