Can I eat a satsuma please!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for moving thread to the right place! I realised after I'd posted that it was in the wrong bit.

Anyway, after work and the funeral I came home grabbed a espresso coffee with 3 tsp of double cream and headed off to aqua zumba. I was 7.6 when I arrived at the pool and now 6.3 after walking home. So I'm glad I missed the satsuma! Once I've got my BS levels down properly I'll do the satsuma test. My fav fruit is the british plum. I have one a day when they are in season. I was without my testing machine then, so no idea what they did to me, maybe just as well!

I think if it were me, I would choose not to test the satsuma on the day of a funeral. I've attended few, but those I have attended have been such an emotional challenge, I would have written almost any blood reading down to extraordinary circumstances. Part of your 7.6 may have been the stress and emotion of paying your respects.

As @Brunneria suggests, give it a go. At least then, if you have to shun them (to comply with your own risk criteria), you will know exactly why. If you would really like it, why just turn your back on something because of other people's experiences? You could be needlessly shunning something you really enjoy.

We all set our own risk dials where we feel most comfortable. I know I do.

Reactions: berylc
D

Deleted member 308541

We all set our own risk dials where we feel most comfortable. I know I do.
This what I call "Suck It And See", I have been doing this for many years. :D

I have tested before and after eating fruit and I can get away with eating one whole piece of fruit in any one day. I shared a Dragon Fruit with my partner last night diced up in a bowl of Yogurt, with no great rise in bgl as it was in my acceptable range.

Reactions: AndBreathe