Can I Read Anything Into My First Few Days if Meter Use

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree. Maybe cream too?

Cream, if available, is your best bet. Provided it is proper cream and not some made up version.

Just going back to Lidl rolls - I always toast mine so don't have a problem, but some people find if eating them untoasted they are better zapped in a microwave before eating to soften them up.

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
I only ever drink espresso's so no problems with the milk or sugar bit. For me the hardest thing to give up was toast, I used to eat Sourdough toast for breakfast then as a sandwhich for lunch and sometimes as cheese on toast for tea if I coudn't be bothered to cook.

The Lidl protien rolls are great, I love them toasted with a little peanut butter and banana as a sweet treat once a week.:)

Nick4344

This is the beauty of self testing! You have learnt a valuable lesson. :)

Do you have a Lidl near you? They sell low carb rolls (about 9g carbs per roll) They are called High Protein Rolls, sell at 29p each, and can be found in the fresh bread baskets. They are dark brown, triangular, and packed with seeds. I slice mine in half and just have half toasted with butter. I find a half is enough because they are very filling. They freeze well.

Great call on the Lidl high protein roll. Had one earlier with ham, tomato and a bit of mayo. Just checked blood sugar 2 hours later - 6.1

barriebanana

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i am so pleased you posted this!!! i go to lidl's fairly often, so will definitely try the rolls - it would be great to be able to eat a bit of bread again now and then.

Glad I read this string as I was going to ask what these Lidl rolls were as I've seen other posts that mention them
I must get some next time I'm at lidl

Heretic1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes!
This is the beauty of self testing! You have learnt a valuable lesson. :)

Do you have a Lidl near you? They sell low carb rolls (about 9g carbs per roll) They are called High Protein Rolls, sell at 29p each, and can be found in the fresh bread baskets. They are dark brown, triangular, and packed with seeds. I slice mine in half and just have half toasted with butter. I find a half is enough because they are very filling. They freeze well.

Lidl Roll are good but I do find them chewy and 'heavy going' sometimes. I am a convert to Burgen Bread which you can find in most Sipermarkets. It is 9g of Carbs per slice which is about half of normal bread (and very tasty). I find a couple slices nice with scrambled or poached eggs to have a minimal effect on me.