Can PPI for ulcers help lower blood sugars

leong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
not putting weight
I've been having high blood sugar readings from 16 to 29 and been on metformin twice a day and not going down I've started to get pain after a eat on the lower right side of my belly which is abit hard I've take a proton pump inhibitor and I noticed my blood sugar dropping abit. What does this mean.

Thank you for your help

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been taking PPI's for years now. I would say more than likely your blood sugar is affected by pain (I know mine is), and when you take the PPI it helps reduce that pain which means your body isn't stressing as much. Any stress on the body raises your BGL's. For me the PPI alone hasn't reduced blood sugars but that is because I have pain from quite a few of my medical conditions, reflux is really not a major problem for me... but they have to keep me on the PPI as every time they've taken me off it I'm a lot worse. Also my vocals have inflammation from reflux, so they're trying to keep that inflammation down too. I had scopes done over a week ago and I'm thankful the PPI is working well on my stomach at least as my gastroenterologist couldn't see it inflamed like it was last time he looked.