Cannabis

sflux420

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, my father in law has diabetes (not sure which type) and takes a plethora of pills, injects insulin when needed, and his left foot is screaming in pain almost constantly, unless the hydrocodone or morphine is in full gear. He is a stubborn mule, with the wife and I trying to get him to change his dietary habits, and we are concerned for his health. I, personally, use cannabis on a regular basis, and with the introduction of medical cannabis it has been quite a treat. But we are wondering if there have been any extensive studies utilizing cannabis to help relieve some symptoms or ailments directly related to diabetes, and where to find them so we can present a different avenue of treatment, hopefully reducing the number of pills he takes in a single day (I think he is up to around 24 or 25)...EVERY day. Pumping one's body with soooo many prescription drugs can't be good for any human...hoping a detox would help him feel better? Even though it may be hell at first? Slowly wean him off pills one at a time? I just don't know, and don't want to see him in so much pain all the time....

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I would concentrate on his diet and lifestyle, not on introducing more drugs,, especially the kind that won't promote movement lol

I am pro canabis

sflux420

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would concentrate on his diet and lifestyle, not on introducing more drugs,, especially the kind that won't promote movement lol

I am pro canabis

I understand that introducing another drug may not be the answer, but if it can get him off of even half the pills.......my old man had diabetes and took a few pills, and changed his diet and no more diabetes for many years now.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
But there are much better ways of reducing meds, the meds are to help him deal with eating sugar and carbohydrates, reduce those, possibly reduce the meds?

Or get stoned and Mong he's way to lethargy? As I say I am pro canabis and smoked it for many years but it's hardly motivational is it

amar1921

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with Andy, it's better to pay more attention on his diet and controling diabetes on that way. Cannabis wouldn't probably cause any consequence, except he would be very hungry after using it (if you ever tried, you know that feeling) which can be problem in his case

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I became diabetic and was put on meds whilst smoking canabis so it's hard for me to see it as a cure

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just my opinion
he might have trouble getting off them, some rotate the opioid family, a pain patch is good too
dope has 'some' effect, it's not going to replace anything by the look of it
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23237736
a tens machine helps
antidepressants,
anticonvulsants