Can't cope any more

Janet shade

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi i just hate myself putting up with all my jags every day i have days where i dont take my insulin xx

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I know it can be difficult and i have had times in my 49 years of type 1 diabetes of thinking what's the point, try and think of the positive things in your life and don't let diabetes beat you, as you know it's important to take your insulin when required, have you or can you speak to your DSN or your GP? Please stay strong x

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Please do take your insulin .. have you tried changing your diet .. just asking ... but if you can reduce the amount of insulin you rely on it could make a difference to how your feeling .. take control .. hating yourself and not wanting to take your insulin is sounding like your not feeling in control .. sending you a hug

Edit to add ... I am also on heart meds and after a big heart bypass op 20odd years ago and a few to many heart attacks later .. I am going to say 'don't give up' I don't take insulin as I was so very lucky to be now diet controlled and now in remission .. I did this with the LCHF way of eating .. and yes some days I would just love to fill on carbs .... but my heart and pancreas all shout no ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Janet shade

Janet shade

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes ive changed my doses but i have also over dozed on it i cant take it anymore xx

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i cant take it anymore xx
You can .... honest .. you must take control .. write a bucket list ... then get your head into a good place that says you will not be beaten with this ... never give up ... this life is too short anyway .. you fight to keep every second of it .... please

Reactions: Janet shade

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Janet. So sorry you feel this way. Have you got a close friend to talk to ? Or even your diabetic nurse at your surgery. ?
You need to get what's bothering you off your chest. Nothing is unsurmountable. You can beat this feeling. Diabetes is a pain in the **** but not the end of the world.
If it will help, try and list the problems you're facing and we'll help if we can x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I told my dn recently I wasn't happy with my good control and didn't feel comfortable taking time off on holiday. She sent me to a Pschologist. I had a good moan on her and we are going to talk through some more.
I felt hugely better walking out of there.
Ask dn for YOUR support. I definitely appreciate mine.
As for now. What is annoying you the most about injecting?

Last edited:

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How are feeling today Janet .. a little better I hope