1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Can't cope anymore

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by Alex_B, Jul 7, 2017.

1. theoldfunker

theoldfunker Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Please speak to somebody Alex_B Life is so precious yet soooo short. I lost my wife after treatment for cancer at just 49 and then with all the stress of that after a visit to the Doctor when I was getting one cold after another in a row, a full M.O.T they tell me I was border line diabetes so changes to diet took place but had no effect, then in 2016 diagnosed Type2 and had been for some time... Big personal crash for me.
    I sank to the bottom of each bottle of whiskey which made things worse of course. Here a year later with support from wonderful friends life is good, Diabetes does take over your life but it's part of the learning curve to change to adapt and make better choices regarding diet and life style.
    Life really is for living. Help is always out there but you have got to own up ask for it.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. leslie10152

leslie10152 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

One year, I've been doing this for nearly thirteen years! Do you think it is easier for me as my condition deteriorates as the years progress. I would gladly give up....but 10,000 voices beg me to stay alive. So I live for them. Is there anything else?

3. Blip22

Blip22 Type 2 · Active Member

:):):)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook