Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No good for your BS.
But I once knew a realy nice Battenberg that would look after my pen & meter while I boogied on the dance floor... ;)

Reactions: 2 people

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes I'm on 8 when start meal so if I have a meal and it is over 8.5 does that mean meal no good or can it go up to 9.5

A rise of point 5 is nothing to concern yourself with. As Daphne917 says just work on getting those starting numbers down which should happen if you start cutting down on the carbs. It sounds like you're doing well those numbers aren't a great disaster to begin with.

Have you tried the Lidl Protien rolls? Not sure where you're from so you may not have a Lidl ?

Reactions: 2 people

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:):):)
If I'm stuck is it okay to keep asking

Keep asking someone will always respond to you with some helpful advice, please don't let anyone dissuade you from asking absolutely anything no matter how stupid a question you might think it is. I think I have the crown for asking the daftest questions you'd have to go a long way before you take my crown. :)

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Terrier, I think you'd save yourself a lot of time if you looked at the 4 forums on DCUK listed under 'Food and Nutrition'. You'll find all the info you need.

Reactions: 4 people

terrier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Are the protein rolls ok and today I had one boiled egg 4 teaspoons cottage cheese lunch and tuna salad tonight but I can't just live on salad as don't eat meat except bacon now and then

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My number thus morning was 7 dropped to 6 after eating eggs does that mean they are ok

That sounds like a good result, put that on your I can eat this list! Lol you're doing great!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would have to agree..! You're making a great effort with the BS..;)

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are the protein rolls ok and today I had one boiled egg 4 teaspoons cottage cheese lunch and tuna salad tonight but I can't just live on salad as don't eat meat except bacon now and then

Yes the Protien rolls contain 8 grams of carbs per roll. They are quite filling so I can only manage half a roll. I have mine with peanut butter at breakfast if you like peanut butter it's a great snack and I find it very filling. In my case the more Protien I eat the less hungry I am it's really strange. Think I read somewhere that carbs turn the hunger switch in the brain on and protein turns it off! A rather simplified explaination but better than the science ... That's so boring!

Yes the eggs and cottage cheese, tuna all sound great. As a guide a lot of low carbers tend to eat between 50 and a 100 carbs per day and stay below 20-30 per meal but you'll be able to find what works for you. To begin with though start low and add in carbs if you have to.

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Rosserk getting more strips tomorrow so will be testing again.

Good for you, remember don't beat yourself up its early days. Test before and 2 hours after you've eaten then if you're too high eliminate more carbs next time you'll get there in no time at all. Watch out for those sneaky carbs, I loaded my salads with tomatoes and couldn't understand why my readings where through the roof! I'm very dull!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anybody know if cracker bread is ok
Depends who makes them - I have Ryvita Crackerbread which are 3.5g carbs each. However because we are all different it is best to test so that you can know how particular foods affect you.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Terrier, you have a meter, in fact you have 2 meters. We can't tell you what you can eat or not eat, but your meter can. Use it and learn from it. We all tolerate the same foods differently. Eat to your meter, or leave carbs alone completely.

terrier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Anybody hot any cauliflower recipes and what can put on haddock instead of breadcrumbs.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anybody hot any cauliflower recipes and what can put on haddock instead of breadcrumbs.

Plenty of cauli recipes on the forum. Have a search. Try butter on top of haddock. That's what I'm having tonight.

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ground almonds or almond flour makes a good low carb breadcrumb substitute.I have seen a recipe on here for ground almond and Parmesan breadcrumb.Sounds like the way forward to me so I will be trying it for fish and home made scotch eggs soon.
Check out the low carb recipes and low carb what have you eaten today threads.
Oh and I couldn't help noticing you didn't mention cheese at all !! God bless the cheese makers.

Reactions: 3 people