Carb counting calculator

wobblyme

Dislikes
Offal (hate it) rudeness, inpolite people
Hi

Is there such thing as a carb counter calculator....Which converts everyday food simply?

Thanks
Wobblyme :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
There are....however never needed one as I prefer to use what I have at hand. Cheaper as well. :D

Here's a few tips on carb counting and how to do it.

Using food labels.
Use of food labels, a measuring cup and a calculator make it possible to identify carbohydrate content in food. Measure and understand your preferred serving size, based on the label amount.

Using books and the Internet. Nutrition books and online resources can provide useful information and a quick and easy way to look up brand-name food information. Many recipe books include detailed carbohydrate information.

Using a scale. This is useful to learn for measuring carbs in odd-sized foods such as fruit or soup. For this type of carbohydrate counting it is necessary to have a digital scale, a calculator and a list of carb percentages (available online). You may then weigh food and check carb percentage from your scale.

There is no 'crib sheet' you have to work things out for yourself, the scales I have seen that you want have restricted foods and can sometimes need codes to be put in.......too much like hard work for me ! :|

wobblyme

Dislikes
Me too....I need simplicity... i Will crack this but am finding all the carb counting quite difficult...I somehow thought a calculater would be the answer...Early days, will fumble about a bit more!! Oh the joys of eh...Thanks for your tips

Wobblyme :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
OK.....dead simple.

Get a carb counter book from somewhere like W H Smiths, about £3.99

A cheap set of Digital Scales, preferably with a Tare facility. Maybe a tenner ?

A basic calculator. Most homes already have them.

Find the total carbs from a packet or can. That will usually be for 100g weight of the product.
Divide the number of carbs by 100. That gives you the number of carbs per gram.
Multiply that figure by the amount of your portion size in grams.
The result will be exactly how many carbs are in the portion you plan to eat. Simples...... :D

E.g. Total carbs on can. 47g
Divide by 100 = 0.47g carbs per gram.
Portion size 40g weight. Multiply that by 0.47 = 18.8g carbs in your portion.......viola ! :D

Hope that helps. You use that calculation whatever food you are using.

wobblyme

Dislikes
Wow....That was a short sharp lesson but boy!! I think I got it...I actually understood what you were saying....On my immediate list of things to buy....Thank you!!!!

wobblyme :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
That's great wobbly.......if it ever gets too complicated just ask...... :D