Carbs and Fats

nsturgeon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like the others who have responded to your post, I can only dream of eating what you are doing, and even dreaming about it raises my FBG ;)

You are so right when you say every person s different. I shall be following your progress with interest. Please keep us updated with test results etc.
In my case, I will be appearing for my next HbA1C test in late February. So far my fasting blood glucose is super steady and no sharp spikes. Haven't seen it going above 120 mg/dl and almost 75% of the time it is between 95 and 108. I am still loading myself with carbs and spending at least $40-$50 a week on fruits from Costco and I stopped worrying about eating fruits. Please note that I work out 45 minutes a day all 7 days a week, 100% vegan, no oil, no fat (trying to keep it under 30-40 grams a day), feeling really good about it. In August when I was diagnosed I had toruble seeing distant things as they appeared blurry and I was prescribed to wear glasses (-1.75) and on a sudden in September the reverse happened where I couldn't see anything closer and I bought a pair of cheap reading glasses and started using them. My doctor suggested I wait for 3-4 months before I go for another eye check up. I got my eyes tested 2 weeks back and there were no optical nerve damage or anything but I was still prescribed to wear glasses (-0.5). I wear them only during night when I am driving. Over all, I think I am back to normal, still trusting myself that carbs are helping me. I will get back on this thread once I get my HbA1C done in late February.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In my case, I will be appearing for my next HbA1C test in late February. So far my fasting blood glucose is super steady and no sharp spikes. Haven't seen it going above 120 mg/dl and almost 75% of the time it is between 95 and 108. I am still loading myself with carbs and spending at least $40-$50 a week on fruits from Costco and I stopped worrying about eating fruits. Please note that I work out 45 minutes a day all 7 days a week, 100% vegan, no oil, no fat (trying to keep it under 30-40 grams a day), feeling really good about it. In August when I was diagnosed I had toruble seeing distant things as they appeared blurry and I was prescribed to wear glasses (-1.75) and on a sudden in September the reverse happened where I couldn't see anything closer and I bought a pair of cheap reading glasses and started using them. My doctor suggested I wait for 3-4 months before I go for another eye check up. I got my eyes tested 2 weeks back and there were no optical nerve damage or anything but I was still prescribed to wear glasses (-0.5). I wear them only during night when I am driving. Over all, I think I am back to normal, still trusting myself that carbs are helping me. I will get back on this thread once I get my HbA1C done in late February.
Absolutely fascinating... I'm on the edge of my seat, I wish Feb would hurry up and finish already!

I don't for a moment think this'd work for me, as work-outs for instance would be out of the question, but... It'd be nice to know it can indeed be done. Rooting for you!
Jo

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can’t eat carbs in any quantity without having some reaction, in fact I’d be better not having any and bec of that I'm eating carnivore most of the time. I do eat natural fat (found on meat) and cook with butter and good old fashioned lard and this seems to suit me. As has been said many many times, good job we’re all different.
Vive la difference! :p

Reactions: filly and Outlier

Beating-My-Betes

Great job! Really happy for you.

Always good to have another vegan here :)

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have always said that the best way of eating is one which you can stick to and which also improves your health. High carbs low fat certainly appears to work for you: the fact that your eyesight has improved is an indicator that this is true. I worry when someone sees that a certain diet works for others and then keeps falling off the wagon again and again blaming themselves for being weak, when in fact the diet is probably wrong for them personally and the diet doesn't improve their health markers as it should.

I myself followed HCLF for 7 weeks many years ago. My BGs improved immensely bringing them back into normal ranges. I lost weight and like you my eyesight improved so that I needed a weaker prescription for glasses. My problem was that I didn't consume enough fat and I suffered terrible pains in my bones, so I had to give up. You say you try to be below 30-40g fat per day, but do you have any idea what is the minimum amount of fat you have daily? I ask because I would love to try this way of eating again but am scared to go too low on the fat like last time.

Like JoKalsbeek I am rooting for you! Can't wait to hear your news at the end of February. :)

Reactions: aylalake