Celebrating latest hba1c

AndyRob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Congratulations!

As a side note/question, how important is to get your HbA1c that low?

I've been Type 1 for the last 12 months and my consultant and nurse seem very happy with mine in the high forties, last was 47.

Reactions: mytype1.life

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Congratulations!

I've been Type 1 for the last 12 months and my consultant and nurse seem very happy with mine in the high forties, last was 47.

Hello @AndyRob and welcome to the forum

As a type 2 diabetic it was very important to me to get my numbers as low as possible through diet excersise and stay off medication and hopefully avoid the complications associated with this condition, for me this has meant following a Lchf diet with intermittent fasting and so far I am fitter and healthier than ever.

Unfortunately I know little about type 1 diabetes except for what I have read on here so cannot comment on your numbers or what your consultant and nurse have said. I am sure other type 1s will gladly advise and offer the support and answers you may need, but I do wish you well on your journey. X

AndyRob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello @AndyRob and welcome to the forum

As a type 2 diabetic it was very important to me to get my numbers as low as possible through diet excersise and stay off medication and hopefully avoid the complications associated with this condition, for me this has meant following a Lchf diet with intermittent fasting and so far I am fitter and healthier than ever.

Unfortunately I know little about type 1 diabetes except for what I have read on here so cannot comment on your numbers or what your consultant and nurse have said. I am sure other type 1s will gladly advise and offer the support and answers you may need, but I do wish you well on your journey. X

Many thanks for your response. Good luck and well done again.....keep it up!

Regards,

Andy

Eldra

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Congratulations! Great response to the receptionist ;)

Congratulations!

Very good question, I would like an answer too! Through my readings on this forum it seems T2 diabetic can have lower results more easily, especially when they act on it early, but I have no strong evidence of this. For instance I have heard of several T1 diabetic who can go lower than 47, while for me it is the dream of my life. I've had doctors telling me to aim at 58, and most times to aim at 53, so let's see what others have to say.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
nICE say 48 or lower for type 1.
Docs get worried that if type 1s have low figures it is due to lots of hypos. That depends on the individual, I think.

Joslin studies seem to show that you can happily have a higher figure than the 48 and live to a ripe old age healthily.