Cgm appointment

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So we have a date for the CGM appointment for my 17 month old DD, just wondering what to expect? Will they fit it there and then or will this be more a consultation? I belive because of her age she will get a dexcom but no one has mentioned a brand to me, I do know it's not the libre though.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't know @shivles but if she's definitely going to get a CGM it'll probably be training and information as with a pump, although not so much to learn. The protocol about when to actually start using the CGM will very from clinic to clinic.

I recommend watching some videos on YouTube. There are some good Dexcom ones there which give you an idea about how the sensors are inserted.

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I don't know @shivles but if she's definitely going to get a CGM it'll probably be training and information as with a pump, although not so much to learn. The protocol about when to actually start using the CGM will very from clinic to clinic.

I recommend watching some videos on YouTube. There are some good Dexcom ones there which give you an idea about how the sensors are inserted.
Thank you will go have a look :)

Reactions: azure