CGM - Where do you wear yours ?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@cdpm I use Skin Tac when I know I'm going swimming, it gives it extra adhesion. Also I never put them directly on the side of my arm, I used to always knock them off.

Reactions: cdpm

rhaardoerfer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the same issue with being a side sleeper. I just wear it on my right arm now and after a few like the I learned to not sleep in the side anymore. It took a while as I started with switching arms but now it is second nature.

Bilzer23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve had two failures from arm placements so mostly use the abdomen for the G7. Alternating left to right every 10 days.
Have had success with inner thighs and also the calf, left and right.
There’s also an overlay patch called Not Just A Patch, it’s really good for holding the sensor in place while doing exercise or swimming.

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
I’ve had two failures from arm placements so mostly use the abdomen for the G7. Alternating left to right every 10 days.
Have had success with inner thighs and also the calf, left and right.
There’s also an overlay patch called Not Just A Patch, it’s really good for holding the sensor in place while doing exercise or swimming.
where about s on the abdomen ? , one of my 1st sensors went onto the left hand side about 3 inches from my belly button and it bled quite badly , now fair play to dexcom they sent me a new one, but have been reluctant to insert it there since !

Jayno K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I place mine on my lower abdomen, low enough to cover it with my underwear so you don't see when on holiday as it's under my bikini bottoms; I find if you wear jeans it feels snug and it kind of holds it in place better and doesn't get knocked, I go to the gym a lot and sit in a hot tub most days and it doesn't fall off under my gymwear/swimwear, accurate results too

Reactions: Marie 2

sodium69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had my first full fortnight with the libre2 sensor after placing it on my chest. Im a tummy-sleeper, daily showers, 6 sweaty gym sessions, and a swim. Apart from replacing the cover patch once it remained in place and was unobtrusive throughout. The two previous sensors lasted 6 days apiece on the back of each arm. My dominant arm kept striking things and was uncomfortable after a while. The next one's going on the other side of my chest.

ATB123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had my first full fortnight with the libre2 sensor after placing it on my chest. Im a tummy-sleeper, daily showers, 6 sweaty gym sessions, and a swim. Apart from replacing the cover patch once it remained in place and was unobtrusive throughout. The two previous sensors lasted 6 days apiece on the back of each arm. My dominant arm kept striking things and was uncomfortable after a while. The next one's going on the other side of my chest.
Whereabouts in your chest do you put it? I really want to try other places than the back of my arm but I'm a bit wary of trying. Also my bones feel very close to my skin on my chest so a bit worried about trying it there?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I, too, am looking for a non-arm site. Thinking abdomen but what counts as flat? Still have tummy and spare tyre so do I assume above ie on ribs, but does it not then show through clothing?
(Just for vanity, hoping for sleeveless weather on a hot hoilday)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
There are videos of people putting them in numerous areas, one guy actually rated how the different areas did in accuracy. I usually put Libre on my upper butt/hip, because my Dexcom is on my arm and my pump is on my stomach. When I only wore a Libre I used to wear it on my arm. I have always liked my arm placement for a CGM the best. (I wear a Libre when swimming). The upper butt/hip has worked well for me, but it doesn't for everyone. Anything I wear on my legs gets knocked off easily although everything works well that's ever placed there.

Here is one video by the Type One Talks guy.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi
I use a roll on deodorant and keep the hair trimmed so i can get it as close to my armpit as possible and never had a problem in the 5 years i have worn them.

Tony