Type 1 changing sensors

mikecu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone tell me the correct procedure to swap to the new sensor, from an existing one, on Shuggah app, (Xdrip4ios) please.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone tell me the correct procedure to swap to the new sensor, from an existing one, on Shuggah app, (Xdrip4ios) please.

Hi,

Are we talking about Libres?

If so. I normally put a new one on the opposite arm after a shower then when time is up on the old one at my convenience, fire up the new one with the Abbot app then do the same with the 3rd party app. Used to use xDrip on Android, now use Diabox.

It seems to need “officially” activated before getting hijacked? Normally when scanning a new one. They go, found a new sensor did you start it today?” (It also keeps the peace with Abbott’s records should there be a “production issue” with the device.) Then crack on with setting it up…

I’ll tag in @barrym . He may have more to add, or even know better.. :)

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My change process is identical to @Jaylee, in fact putting a new one on this morning (left arm), then ripping the old one off at 7pm and starting the new one at the same time.

As for Shuggah process, I don't know, however this exact question was answered either here, or on .org.uk just a few days ago. A search in both should find it.