Type 2 Charity shop

CamGreen

As part of my on going weight loss I have a large amount of good quality clothes that no longer fit me. Normally I would take these to a local charity shop however since being diagnosed with T2 I was wondering if there were any diabetics charity shops that accept clothing donations. Anyone know of any?

Reactions: MrsA2

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As part of my on going weight loss I have a large amount of good quality clothes that no longer fit me. Normally I would take these to a local charity shop however since being diagnosed with T2 I was wondering if there were any diabetics charity shops that accept clothing donations. Anyone know of any?
I don’t know of any - I’ve gone through a lot of dress sizes and I usually do a car boot sale with my clothes and do pretty well, I only sell the clothes nothing else and keep them all under a fiver, usually £2 for anything that’s been worn or £4 with new with tickets.

if you fancy do that kind of thing then you could donate your proceeds to charity, I’ve done that in the past too, if you go down the charity route remember to put a sign up saying where you are donating too.

there’s also selling on eBay but I couldn’t be bothered with that so never done it.

pumas

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There is one where I live, Solent Diabetic Association. Try googling.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I donate my unwanted clothes to the British Heart Foundation.
The main reason is I have family members who have benefited from them.
However, I am also aware that the risk of cardiovascular disease is higher if you have diabetes so I feel I am donating to support others with diabetes.

Last edited:

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You all are way nicer than I am. I found a local seamstress and had all my favourite clothes taken in. Less-loved clothes I put in a charity box.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You all are way nicer than I am. I found a local seamstress and had all my favourite clothes taken in. Less-loved clothes I put in a charity box.
That’s also a very nice thing to do, save money and the planet and make yourself happy

Reactions: Outlier

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
would eb agood idea to have a few shop's for us Diabetics but doubt it will ever happen sadly.