Cheese Crisps

s230787

As an lover of crisps (like crisps more than choc) this low carb diet hasn't been easy. But having looked at websites (can't remember the website to link back to) I have found something that cures the craving! Cheese Crisps, and they are so simple to make.

Simply grate some cheese, I used medium cheddar. apply some baking paper to a microwaveable plate and spread the cheese into a circle. Microwave for 50secs.... yummy

So far my middles havent been very sucessful as in a get an O shape with a soggy hole in the middle, but the edges are crispy and they are a good substitute.

Enjoy :thumbup:

alliebee

I do something similar, grate parmesan, cheddar, and any bits and bobs of cheese you may have, sprinkle a tiny bit of paprika in and some black pepper, then pop little scrunched up balls on a baking tray and pop into the oven,
Watch them they dont take long, then take them out when all melted and crisp. delish

Ive often fine grated some onion in, not much but they make great crisps :D

Could even try salt and vinegar in the mix have also used tex mex cheese for a kick

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
H ladies

I will indeed give this a try as I do love my crisps and find it very hard to do without them..no willpower.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
You can do this with celariac, use spray oil and then bake them.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
What a brilliant idea a lunchtime test today I think - Thanks :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like a lot of effort for a bag of crisps, though.

I do miss Wotsits!

s230787

It does look like a lot of effort, but I think I am going to try them. I am making low carb cookies tonight so see how that goes!

I am a proper foodie at heart. Bloody dud pancreas grrrrrrrr :lol:

whizzyweb36

s230787 said:
It does look like a lot of effort, but I think I am going to try them. I am making low carb cookies tonight so see how that goes!

I am a proper foodie at heart. Bloody dud pancreas grrrrrrrr :lol:

Cookies sound great would love the recipe for those :p :clap: :p