Chia seeds in Aldi - bargain!

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not in my Aldi. Price shown is very competitive compared to other sources in the town, Chia is not suitable for anyone taking a bloodthinner such as Warfarin or Clopidogrel or Aspirin, or if anemic or having an ulcer. Apparently Chia promotes bleeding

http://www.askdocweb.com/chia.html

Dry Chia seeds can also cause Dysphagia according to some reports. Best to presoak them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just has a chat with the manager at my local Aldi. It seems that the Chia Seeds are on Special Offer, and as such are a one off purchase. When its gone , its gone. There does not seem to be any plans to make it a regular line item.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Just has a chat with the manager at my local Aldi. It seems that the Chia Seeds are on Special Offer, and as such are a one off purchase. When its gone , its gone. There does not seem to be any plans to make it a regular line item.
Cheers. We'll be stocking up then :)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Bother, I stocked up fairly recently (Home Bargains are my best local stockist) but may well toddle along to my nearest Aldi to check if there are any left.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers. We'll be stocking up then :)
I see from the link you originally posted that the prducts are showing up in the <<In Store>> section, not the << special offers>> section, so the manager may be talking off the cuff, as it were