Coach trip+Christmas lunch

Malc.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
My wife & myself have just returned from a hotel meal, (Christmas lunch) organised by a local coach Company, where they have local pick-up points, transfer you to the hotel, (about 10 miles away).You then enjoy a 3-course Christmas lunch with christmas crackers, followed by 2 hours of live musical entertainment, they then take you back to your destination... A very enjoyable time...
The cost? £18 per person.( good value, I think).

Anyway, the reason that I'm posting is this: I've tested my Bg since I got home and, surprisingly, it's 5.8.
That's about 4 hours after the meal, which was:-

Starter: veg soup, smooth.(puree)
Main course: New pots, roast pots, carrots,parsnip,sprouts,cauliflower cheese,turkey,stuffing+ sausage in bacon.
Sweet: Blackcurrant cheese cake.
Finished with a coffee (milk, no sugar) + 1x mince pie.

If I could guarrantee that Bg result following my Christmas dinner at home on the 25th, then I'll be pleased.

Regards, Malc.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Malc

sounds like a lovely day out :) - glad you enjoyed yourself, it lovley to do something nice now and again and those numbers ok :) - although they could have been higher at 2 and 3 hours once in a while it really doesn't matter life is for living.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That's good value at £18! :thumbup:

Malc.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your replies, much appreciated. :)
I accept that testing after 4 hours+ could have given a slightly lower reading, but (for me) 5.8 is an exceptionally low reading after a 3-course meal that included some 'naughty' items...
It's more in line with one of my fasting results.
I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I only had 'tonic water' to drink, despite not driving! :wink:

Maybe the 'moderate' amount of exercise (dancing) after the meal, helped? :shh:

Regards, Malc.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No arguing Malc that 5.8 is an excellent reading after a 3 courser! :thumbup:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry Malc - didn't mean to come across critical of your numbers - wasn't my intention - the use of the word okay was maybe the wrong one - a bit like saying that's nice!- for okay read great! :D :lol:

Malc.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lovinglife said:
Sorry Malc - didn't mean to come across critical of your numbers - wasn't my intention - the use of the word okay was maybe the wrong one - a bit like saying that's nice!- for okay read great! :D :lol:

Hi lovinglife, No need for apologies, I didn't take offence at your reply.
As this will be my first Christmas since diagnosis, I'm being cautious at the moment, knowing that there will be a wide range of 'different' foods available to 'tempt' me over the next couple of weeks... :)
Regards, Malc.