confused with newly started Newcastle Diet after just one day lol.

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a look at the Slim and save website (also their stuff on Ebay), not especially cheap but lots of low carb instant soups and 'meals' as well as shakes. Lots of variety.

Thank you, Ill be sure to do that :) - it sounds like there'll be some good choice!

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi I Will be using the shakes weight, they are substitute for optifast, also when you Take these shakes can you eat in between ??

skipworth

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I use Shake that weight, buy off the net, next day delivery, 12.5 carbs and 131 k/cal. I am having 2 shakes per day and a pretty much normal meal in the evening, but keeping within the 600-800 k/cal range. For interest tonight I will having 300g rack of lamb with 100gm cauliflower, 100gm peas and 100gm beans with gravy. the total k/cal for the day will be around 650k/cal. I couldn't manage the only veg or salad and have to have some protein in the diet which makes it a lot easier. It is possible to have prawn stir fry, sea bass with peas, cauliflower and parsley sauce, and almost a sunday roast. The key is too manage the portoins in line with calories. After 4 weeks I have managed to lose 7kg, and have reduced my insulin intake from 90 units per day to 2units. Unfortunately without a little insulin my bg is around 7-8 so I guess I am still insulin resistance.

Reactions: 2 people

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am now 18 days into a ND regime using Exante products, mainly because they offer 100% of daily nutritional requirements in 3 servings - 200 cal per serving. 1.5 stones (almost 10Kgs) lost, BP lowered & more stable & BG levels are now those of a non-diabetic. I am gradually reducing my meds, as shown in my signature section. Costs for an 8 week plan are around £160 (95p per meal) depending on the current offers.

chris555

COMPLETE BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE™ NUTRITION INFORMATION
Nutrition per 60g Serving per 100g
Energy kJ/Kcal 891/213 1485/355
Fat
of which saturates 3.74g
0.38g 6.23g
0.63g
Carbohydrates
of which sugars 19.72g
5.48g 32.87g
9.13g
Fibre 3.5g 5.83g
Protein 23.5g 39.1g
Salt 0.06g 0.1g

Strawberry & Banana Flavour

Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk, Soya), Ultra Fine Scottish Oats (Gluten), Freeze Dried Strawberry Pieces, Freeze Dried Strawberry Powder, Freeze Dried Banana Powder, Psyllium Husks Powder, Flavouring (Strawberry & Banana), DigeZyme®, Natural Colouring (Beetroot Red), Xanthan Gum, Sweetener (Sucralose).

Blueberry & Raspberry Flavour

Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk, Soya), Ultra Fine Scottish Oats (Gluten), Freeze Dried Blueberry Pieces, Freeze Dried Blueberry Powder, Freeze Dried Raspberry Powder, Psyllium Husks Powder, Flavouring (Blueberry & Raspberry), DigeZyme®, Xanthan Gum, Sweetener (Sucralose).

seems better than slimfast less sugar
http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/complete-breakfast-protein-smoothie.html