confused??

elviscole

i seem to be having 1 or 2 problems, been on slow release metformin since may, as ordinary metformin was causing problems, milk wise im drinking around 3pints a day and about 2-3 litres of water on top, been diabetic since 2005 and seem to be going the same way as before i found out i was diabetic, thirsty all the time and peeing a lot more in the last month or so,
got the drs on friday for my next 6 month checkup, did a blood test this morning and according to my meter it went off the scale (over 27.5), usually im around 7-9 so dont know where the 27.5 came from (mind you i did eat a choc orange last night so this hasnt helped :shh: )
will try another test later and hope its wrong

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum :D

Milk is quite high in carbs Kevin and will generally shoot your bg levels up, 3 pints is around 75g of carbs, I only eat between 80g and 130g a day and some members here would consider that high so your milk fest will not help keep your levels under control. If I were you I would stick to water :D

elviscole

thanks for that Sid, should keep the wife happy if i stay off the milk, she moans in the week when she has had to buy more :lol: