Contour battery low symbol,changed batteries, still says low

sueycl

I hadn't noticed the battery low symbol until yesterday, so no idea ow long they would last. Bayer say 'batteries last a year'! I told them they were discriminating against people who have no hypo awareness. They decided I could have more batteries but because this is going to be a time consuming process, my daughter bought me 2 batteries from Boos, £5 each :( . BUT, and this is a big but, the meter still shows the low battery symbol. The expiry date is 2017, and they're inserted as they normally are. Seems to me that the meter is dying? Not sure how long I've had it, it may be about 3 years. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I'm stuck if it dies because I have no hypo awareness...I took up 'running' with NHSCouch25K last summer and found my blood sugar had dropped to 1.5. At least by this stage, I knew I was in trouble!!!!

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Re: Contour battery low symbol,changed batteries, still says

I have 2 contour meters and both always show low battery. I do change every so often just incase it fails on me but I think it's a common problem with these meters.

To save money I now buy my batteries from poundland (pack of 8) there seems no difference from these to the expensive ones for my meter
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App