Contour NEXT USB Meter

fit2drop

Dislikes
Not Eating
Has anyone got this meter and or any views on meters:
Contour NEXT USB Meter or OneTouch Verio IQ
or are 3 in 1 any good.

angua

I've got the Contour Next and love it - its small so I don't have to make a big thing out of testing around others
it takes a tiny amount of blood to test (which is great for me as I don't bleed that easily)
It connects up to my 'puter so I can see graphically what my numbers have been and reports can be printed off too
The strips I get are about £25 for 50 - not cheap but I don't test so much now so its good

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently switched to the contour next usb meter and agree its a great little meter. When I first got it thought that its size would be a problem, but its not, its clear and so far found it easily readable. The meter allows you to enter carbs, insulin, notes like what type of test you have done and add some extra notes that are set by the meter.

The computer software (I downloaded the full version from Bayer) is fairly customisable, and you can add your own notes into the computer results charts. Which you then can save as a pdf file or export them to excel format. If you register the meter you can also then upload your results to your account on the Bayer servers. The meter is powered by a rechargeable battery which can be charged via your PC or Bayer will send you a charger for free once you register the meter.

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to say, when I was changing my meter as my original one was going back to around 2005 ish. I phoned Bayer c/s and they sent me the meter free by return of post

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great little meter as was the previous :thumbup: