could i be diabetic?

emmab120

hi all, just a quick Q- i have been feeling really rubbish latley, tired all the time and as soon as i eat my tea needing to sleep for 2-3 hours, thirsty, and doing regular toilet runs! I work in a care home and did a urine test with a dip stick a couple of weeks ago- it showed glucose and dehydration. I saw my g.p this week for a smear test and mentioned to him how i'd been feeling, he did a blood test and used one of those little meters that gives you an instant reading, i'd had nothing to eat except my tea the night before at 6p.m and now it's 11.a.m the following day and it gave a reading of 8.1. he sent full bloods off to be tested, is it possible that i may be a diabetic? just thought i'd see what you all think!
thanks.

Grazer

You need to wait for the results of your tesdt. However, I think it's likely you could be diabetic from the reading you had. It's not conclusive, as one off readings can be misleading. But likely. Don't panic though; you'll be joining our great club! It's not as bad as most people think when they're first diagnosed. But wait for the results, then come back to us. Loads of help here.
Good luck!