could it be diabetes? advice please

23pink09

I am looking for some advice from the folk 'in the know'! my husband is 50 and very fit, healthy active and well. 4 weeks ago he became unwell - like some sort of virus you know hot, sweaty, exhausted. after a week or so i made him go to the Drs. They took a blood sample and said he had higher BG than expected (9) but not too high. he was also treated for a urine infection. 2 weeks later he was no better - still exhausted, sweaty on and off, peeing a lot, eating a lot and he went back to the GP who said his urine sample was clear - no infection, its just a virus and sent him home. he now has another drs apt in a few days. my question is - do you think i am being ridiculous in thinking possibly type 2 diabetes? should i push for further testing or accept its proabably a virus. you will all know better than me - sorry for bothering you all i'm just getting fed up looking at him sleeping the minute he comes back from work and saying he feels 'hung over' in the morning. thanks everyone

sam

wsmum

If the GP didn't test his blood sugar again, he really should have, so I'd press for that. He could ask for a fasting blood sugar test too, which might give a more definitive answer. Hope he gets on OK

Angeleyes

It may or may not be diabetes, only tests and your Dr can confirm that. Nobody here is qualified to tell you otherwise. It is good that you are concerned but it's best not to get too wound up over this.

Any infection or virus if that is what it is/was can leave the sufferer very tired and lethargic for quite a while until the body gets back to 'normal.' I took several weeks to get over a particularly bad bout of Flu.

I would Suggest you wait for the outcome of the tests and air your concerns to the GP, maybe further tests are needed. That's the way to go in my view, not internet diagnosis.