Crispbread and spreads

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello!

I am looking for a very low carb crispbread with high fiber content. Do you know any? Please, I don't and cannot make my own, by baking and leaving the bread in the sun for 1 month etc lol. Sorry, I need ready to eat products to just buy and consume, with long shelve life.

Also, can you suggest savoury and sweetish (minimal sweetness ideally) spreads, again with minimum carbs, that I can store on my desk at work? The temperature is controlled 24h (I assume) and although there is a fridge, it would be ideal if I can just store it on my desk. Can the butter be stored like that too?

Thanks!

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
A savoury spread, which you can store in your desk ......... Marmite?

Unfortunately, if you are trying to keep your carbs low, you are rather looking at fresh, real food, not highly processed, preserved stuff. Are you after snacks, rather than a lunchtime meal? If so, if you progress with low carb high fat, you should find that snacks are history, many of us find this.
Sorry not to be more helpful, someone else will be along soon.
Sally

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am of those who hate marmite. I would love something like olive paste.

Last edited:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tapenade (olive paste) is low carb and although it's recommended that you keep the jar in the fridge after opening I would think it'd be fine for a few days on your desk, although I wouldn't shy away from a walk to the fridge if I were sitting at a desk all day.

How about some yummy individual cartons of full fat cream cheese? Philadelphia make a pack that's four individual portions, so you could collect one portion from the fridge at the start of each day on the way to your desk. Personally I'd avoid the crispbread and eat the Philly with a spoon. Or actually a spoonful of tapenade on top of an individual Philly would be amaaaaaaaaazing!

:)

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I need crispbread because my LCHF approach doesn't contain much fiber. Plus you cannot eat the spread with a spoon, yuk! I found these scandinavian bran crispbread that's only 2-3g carbs per slice. I wonder if there is anything lower. CiaoCarb do some toasties but I don't like the taste.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need crispbread because my LCHF approach doesn't contain much fiber. Plus you cannot eat the spread with a spoon, yuk! I found these scandinavian bran crispbread that's only 2-3g carbs per slice. I wonder if there is anything lower. CiaoCarb do some toasties but I don't like the taste.

What is your LCHF approach? It ought to be giving you enough fibre without the need for crispbread.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why is there a storage problem if they provide a fridge at work? I'm sorry but I don't understand, you just appear to be trying to make things difficult for yourself. But if you're not prepared to use the fridge, then buy a small kids school lunch type cooler bag and take what you need from home every day in that to keep in or by your desk.

I agree with @Bluetit1802 a decent low carb diet ought generally to cater for all our fibre requirements. But if you must eat crispbreads, then it's a matter of checking nutritional values on packaging until you find something that suits you. Many supermarkets will provide this info on line which saves having to scan the actual shelves.

Robbity