Crisps!

chocoholic

Had a real craving for some crisps tonight. I haven't eaten them for months and won't be eating them again if I can resist. For several weeks my readings have been around the 3-7 mark all day and mostly around 4-5's but hour and a half after the crisps tonight my reading was 12.4!!
It's odd how our bodies react to different foods. I can eat moderate amounts of bread and one or two types of cereals and readings are fine but crisps obviously are a no-no for me. Has anyone else found that crisps, for them,have little red horns on them?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I haven't eaten crisps for a year.Used to love a packet of Walkers ready salted but a definite no no for me as well! :(

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I only eat the odd carb free one ( stolen from husband's bag)

chocoholic

Too right, Eddie. Just when I think I'm getting my levels to near perfect, I weaken and eat something daft and instantly regret it. I don't think I was cut out to wear a halo. :D
The cream tea sounds good though. Yum!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Oh Sue!
Don't you know that stolen ones have no carbs or calories? :lol:

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
My fav crisps are Seabrook sea salted (A Right Proper Gobful) 20g carb per 31.8 bag, if I could just eat 25% of them it would be ok, but once opened its impssible not to devour the whole bag. :cry:
Graham

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
****, Hana I thought I was on to something there!! :lol: :lol: That's a bit like saying there are no calories in food you eat with the fridge door open!!

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
:oops: for me it has been McCoys Ridge Cut salt and vinegar just writing that has made me drool at the thought :oops:

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
If i really cant resist crisps, i have a bag of cheesy curls(same as quavers) which are asdas own make,they are only 6g carb which is good for crisps,i dont do this on a regular basis but they dont make a difference to my bloods so as a treat every now and again they are ok :D

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
Instead of crisps and as an occasional treat, we cut split pitta breads (wholemeal) into small pieces, sprinkle some cheese and onion on them, lightly oil a tin and cook in an oven for 10 mins.

Ms. Tubs (11) loves 'em which means I don't get to eat too many :)

Regards, Tubs.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Definitely Sue. the calories(and carbs) settle in the food as you close the fridge door.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
You can slice salami very thin, put slices on glass plate and wave micros at it for a minute or two. It crisps nicely. Lidl sell baked crisps, which look like they're made of mini bagels

ChezMorgan

Dislikes
Peppers , Spiders, War and people who think they are better than me, we are all equal !
If i couldnt have a TREAT ( carbs /sweets) when i fancied one, life really would be miserable :? I take 2 units of my short acting insulin if i ever get the urge to treat myself and have not had a prob with my BM's going high because of it.

It might not work for everyone, and perhaps isnt the perfect solution, but with everything else we have to worry about, it keeps me smiling :lol:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
It's funny really but since sticking to low carb I don't have the same craving for sweet stuff.My worst day was always the day after finishing night shift.Then, I would go for sweet stuff but now I just don't crave it at all.I have the occasional mini eclair which is only 2 carbs and,because they are not sweet ,I don't get a craving after them.Mind you I haven't eaten crisps for ages,I think that if I ate some I definitely would scoff the lot!However a bag of pistachios just magically disappear if I open one,now they are definitely morish!

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
Chilli McCoys ... I dare not even THINK how many carbs are in a bag of those :(

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I love Walkers baked crisps...less carbs/fat than normal but only as a treat. Can't wait for xmas and new year as we're having mini eclairs and profiteroles!! :)

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
*mouth watering* profiteroles! hmmmmm ...

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Drool, drool, drool......just the thought of profiteroles, mini eclairs and home made trifle over xmas and new year... :D :mrgreen:

Jem

Dislikes
still obsessing about Chili McCoys - they were my bar snack of choice ... alongside 9 pints of lager of course :)